Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    doogster Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 27, 2005, 07:30 AM
    Continuously bleeding one radiator...
    Happy christmas and a bloody good year to you all ;)

I changed to all new rads, installed a few more, changed hot water cylinder, a new pump and some pipework a couple of years ago all worked well. Then last summer I put a rad in the bathroom and the pipework is complicated. It works well but is the only rad that always needs bleeding (complicated pipework I suspect). I bleed it once a week! The pipework is routed as best as is possible so cannot be simplified. Has anyone any tips on a workaround or cure for this problem ? Thanks. doogster.
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Dec 27, 2005, 07:51 AM
    If the system is full of water, and continues to get air in it, water must be leaking out somewhere. Carefully go over the system. If you have an expansion tank with a vent, make sure water isn't over flowing from the vent. Find where the water is leaking out, fix it, and that should eliminate the air problem.
    Martin Harrison Posts: 30, Reputation: 2

Jan 2, 2006, 08:41 AM
    Doogster,

Air collecting in radiators can be formed either by a system fault that causes air to be sucked into the system, or by corrosion that generates not air, but hydrogen gas. Suction air is a design fault that must be remedied by improving the system layout and cannot be resolved by treatment. Hydrogen gas problems can be easily corrected by cleaning with Fernox Superconcentrate Restorer and then adding Superconcentrate Protector.

The above is from Fernox website UK.

Regards,
    Martin.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

95 Civic Radiator Fan won't Spin [ 2 Answers ]

Okay so here's the deal, I noticed about a week ago that while idleing the temperature gauge would start to sky rocket, but quickly cool down once I got going again. After adding some water to the radiator, I noticed that my radiator fan was not blowing while my car was idleing. I checked out...

1996 Dodge Ram 1500 Super Sport Radiator [ 4 Answers ]

I have a 1996 Dodge Ram Truck 5.9 Liter that has been running hot the past couple of weeks. There was a couple of times that I thought that the engine was going to over heat but never did. Some brown liquid was coming out of the radiator but I could not tell from where. Is this a common problem...

Heat pump AHU fan runs continuously [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 12 year old Trane Xe1000 heat pump. Recently I noticed that the fan keeps running continuously even when the outside unit turns off. It's as if the tstat fan switch is set to On (it's not) instead of Auto. I tried a few things: 1) In the tstat (weathertron) I disconnected the fan...

Using the furnace blower fan continuously [ 3 Answers ]

Please let me know if it is more efficient to have the blower fan on continuously rather than in the automatic position. If so, does it make a difference in heating mode or AC mode?

Outside fan runs continuously [ 5 Answers ]

This is a very helpful sight and I am hoping someone can give me some advice. I have a fairly new house (5 years old) and I am having some problems with a Carrier unit. At the end of this summer it started tripping the breaker on very hot days and we called a technician whom found nothing wrong. ...

View more questions Search