PC : XP Pro Service pack 2
    ---------------------------
    Start/Run <typed>MSCONFIG

Looked in:
    Win.Ini
    Programs

It shows:
    ;msconfig Luke.exe=C:\storage\calarkconnect iso\clarkconnect-2.1iso

"storage" is a folder where I place files and programs.
    But,
    Cannot find anything resenmbling the above. But did check it out about 2 years ago.
    Cannot find "Luke.exe" in search.
    Cannot find "clarkconnect" in search.

Searched registry, typed in "luke"
    Comes up with a name:
    Luke Pascoe Software
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Luke Pascoe Software

Searched Google for Luke Pascoe Software,
    Looks OK. Looks legit
    Should I delete that registry key ?
    ---------------------------------------------

Other test I just tried:
    In SafeMode, ran
    SpyBot
    Ad-Aware
    CWShredder, it removed: CWSMsConfig

Updated AVG 3 times in the past 30 minutes.
    All else seems normal.
    ---------------------------------------------------
    But is there a problem with the MSCONFIG issue ?

Is there a problem at all ?

Thanks.

Just updatewd AVG again before submitting this post !
    Is something messin with AVG ?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jun 1, 2005, 05:32 AM
    Is the item checked in MS config? When items are unchecked they tend to stay there. If the program is gone, then sure you can delete the Registry key.
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Jun 3, 2005, 04:55 AM
    Msconfig
    Hi,
    Just unchecking an item in MSCONFIG does not remove it from the Registry.
    It just stops the program from being started when the computer boots up.
    Yes, if the item is unchecked in msconfig, and your computer runs OK, then remove it from the Registry.
    Best wishes,
    fredg
    PS, If you wish to have a great, free, program that stops stuff like this from getting into the computer in the first place, then get Spyware Blaster from:

http://www.javacoolsoftware.com/sbdownload.html

This program is not a scanner like SpyBot, but integrates into Internet Explorer (and other browsers), to stop spyware/advertising ware from being downloaded into the computer.

Jun 4, 2005, 05:33 AM
    I hear an echo again.
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Jun 4, 2005, 06:03 AM
    Harassment
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottGem
    I hear an echo again.
    This is obvious harassment, plain and simple.
    fredg

Jun 5, 2005, 03:17 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by fredg
    This is obvious harassment, plain and simple.
    fredg
    You want harassment Fred? How about this:
    ScottGem has never heard of this; WOW, I am amazed! Any computer Tech knows cables work better than most USB connections! But, ScottGem is not a computer Tech, merely a "want to be" with nothing else to do but sit at a computer all day and night.
    I thought he knew everything, barring none.
    Or this:
    It is a sad day at Askmehelpdesk when ScottGem is allowed to run amunck with whatever his deranged mind can think of at the time.
    It is not in the best interest of this website for him to continue here.
    That is REAL harassment, Fred! You post lies and misinformation but that's OK. When I challenege simply to prove the information you have given (about cables working better then USB) you respond with such garbage. But no proof of your statements or retraction and apology.

It is not in ANYONE's interest to have YOU give computer help on any site. The high percentage of misinformation that you give alone disqualifies you. That you resort to name calling and other personal attacks is just more reason you should be banned.
    LTheobald Posts: 1,051, Reputation: 127
    Ultra Member

Jun 6, 2005, 04:51 AM
    Hate to sound like a nagging parent but - Stop it, both of you. Always wanted to say that...

Seriously though, this isn't answering the question in hand and it doesn't make the site look good. Keep the arguments to PM's.

Jun 6, 2005, 05:31 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by LTheobald
    Seriously though, this isn't answering the question in hand and it doesn't make the site look good. Keep the arguements to PM's.
    LT,
    I agree with you that this doesn't answer the question at hand. But PMs are not the solution either.

What we have here is someone who tries to make himself look good by posting as many answers as he can. Doesn't matter whether the question was already answered and the answer is simply an echo. Doesn't even matter whether the answer applies to the question. And, worse, doesn't always matter whether the answer is accurate or has correct information.

While I admit my pointing out the echos may be going a bit too far, I get disgusted by the bad advice being handed out by this person. When a bad answer is posted, that answer NEEDS to be challenged. With most helpers, they are as concerned about I am about the quality of the help and appreciate corrections. So the correction is usually polite. Not so with this person. He doesn't think anyone should correct mistakes so he responds with personal attacks when it happens no matter howe politely worded.

I've tried polite PMs in the past. But they are ignored. So the only recourse I have is to carry on a pulbic campaign against his abuses. Maybe if more of the REAL helpers here would contact the moderators about this person's abuses, something could be done.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Shoe Issue [ 3 Answers ]

I just got new carpet and it is dark so everything shows up on it. I also have a 1 year old and I am annoying clean. I had a sign on my door that said Welcome, please remove shoes upon entering thank you. Everyone who comes to my house takes there shoes off and my mother in law did too, however one...

Paternity Issue [ 3 Answers ]

HI, I found out I was pregnant on February 16th and I am wondering who the father of my baby is. My last period was January 17th. I had sex with the man I hope is the father on both the night of January 24th and the morning of January 25th both unprotected. I also happened to have sex with another...

Online issue [ 2 Answers ]

Hello: I recently ordered cable and internet services from Charter Communications and used online chat service in the process. It was a "Winter Bundle" and I was supposed to get the complete package installed free of charge. I am pasting a part of the transcript that was later sent to my...

Need help with possible fraud issue [ 2 Answers ]

Sort of a complicated matter, but here it goes. My fiancé and I are trying to buy a house. She has some of the typical stuff hanging out on her credit report that you expect after a divorce, and most of that is getting cleared up. One disturbing item, though, has vexed us. There is an account...

2004 Tax Issue [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I am married currently on my F1 -opt and I am entered US in 2001. I am a non resident alien and my spouse is in F1 opt but he came to the US in 1998 and is a resident alien for tax purposes. In my employment social security and medicare taxes were withheld for me for 2004. My employer is not...

View more questions Search