Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    AOM Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 25, 2006, 12:23 AM
    Ms Word can't see all my fonts in System Font Folder
    :confused: somehow I can't see many fonts (includes open and true type) that has been installed into system font folder in Microsoft word. Example, I've altogether 7 types of Tw cent and 10 types of Futura, but only 3/7 and 8/10 available in Word. Anyone knows what is the reason?
    Thanks
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Aug 25, 2006, 05:41 AM
    Were the fonts installed or just copied into the folder. Just copying does not install them. Also where were the fonts obtained. Some cheap knockoffs or minor variations may not be detected by programs.
    StuMegu Posts: 576, Reputation: 64

Aug 25, 2006, 06:42 AM
    Install a printer - even if you don't have one, install a standard HP Laserjet 4. This will resolve the fonts problem in word
    AOM Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 31, 2006, 11:35 PM
    Thanks. I found out what's the catch in photoshop. The different types of fonts is brought out by manually italize and/or bold it. If the particular fonts is in font folder but not in font list in program, these buttons are enabled for us to manually get the desired fonts.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can't get a new font to show up in Word. [ 3 Answers ]

Someone emailed my a .ttf font that I need to use. I copy the file into Windows\fonts and yet it never shows up in my list of fonts in Word. What am I doing wrong?

Need name of older movie [ 2 Answers ]

It most probably was on television late 70's early 80's. There was a woman who cured the sick by touching them. I remember one scene in which she stopped a little girl's nosebleed. I know it's not much, please help if you can. Thanks!!

Trouble with font size in Word [ 10 Answers ]

Hello. Wonder if someone can help please. Friend of mine types a word document, font size 12, when he prints it out, comes out about 6/7. No trouble with photo's. He has re-installed Microsoft Word (2000) and printer but no joy. When he highlights the text and increases the font size, it prints OK....

Font Size in word 2000 [ 1 Answers ]

:( I can not change the size of fonts in word 2000. I mean the font size is locked on 12 and I can not decrease or increase it? What should I do to solve the problem?

View more questions Search