Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sugarplum1985 Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

Jan 9, 2007, 10:20 AM
    Am I pregnant and what's happening
    Hi my names vicky, me and my partner have been trying for a baby, I the thing I'm not sure if I'm pregnant, and I not sure when to do a test because I have irregular periods the last time I was on my period was on the 17 of dec and it only lasted about 3 days which is unusual for me as I bleed anything from 7-18 days, yet you see I have got all the symptoms of pregnancy I have been feeling sick I have also been sick a few times I have got lower back pain and I have tender breasts, but the problem is I have have been bleeding brownish blood for about a week and I'm not sure what this means please help. X
    buggage Posts: 1,514, Reputation: 165
    Ultra Member

Jan 9, 2007, 02:32 PM
    I would call your health care provider. If you are pregnant, the bleeding could be cause for concern, or it could be completely normal. They can also do a test in office, give you a check up, and tell you when to test again if needed.
    bethgold Posts: 12, Reputation: 2

Jan 9, 2007, 05:58 PM
    Hi,

It may be worth it to take a test at the end of this week. Your last period was short, so you may be pregnant. However, I would agree that you should call a healthcare provider and explain your discharge. It could be breakthrough bleeding if your cycle is so irregular.
    unknown1506 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Jan 12, 2007, 07:33 AM
    I would go to the doctor about it caues u could have a urinary track infection (UTI) and not be pregnant but if you lead your body to think you are then it will make the egg grow but there won't be a child inside the egg and sometimes you have to go through surgery to remove the egg if its gets to far along
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jan 12, 2007, 07:39 AM
    Unknown, an egg does not grow unless it is fertalized. You may be thinking of pseudo pregnancy, or false pregnancy, but the egg does not grow. Don't know where you got your info from, shrugs, but this is untrue.

Vicky, you do not mention your age, this is important because of hormonal fluctuations throughout our life. This could explain what is happening.

You can try a HPT, but remember to use first morning urine no matter what the package directions say. This is because if you are pregnant the concentration of the pregnancy hormone called HCG is higher in the morning since the urine had all night to collect the HCG while you were sleeping.

If the test is positive, then you need to make an appointment with your doctor for a prenatal visit.

However, if it is negative you should also make an appointment to find out exactly what is going on.

Unfortunately, it is unsafe practice to diagnose over the internet because we cannot do a complete physical exam.

Jan 12, 2007, 12:38 PM
    Hi j-9 thanks for your reply I am 22 I already have a 19 month old little boy his name is calum if I am pregnant this will be my 3rd pregnancy I miscarried my other baby at 14 weeks, when I was pregnant last time I knew I was pregnant but the pregnancy test didn't turn positive until I was 6 weeks gone, so you can see my dillemma it is really difficult for me to know for sure when to do a pregnany test I have done them in the morning that the only time that I do them but I'm sure whether the pregnancy test I am using is sensitive enough to pick up the hormone. I have been having more syptoms I have been feeling tired and I'm a bit constipated I have been having more and more headaches. Anymore advice on what you think would be great thanks x
    Ultra Member

Jan 12, 2007, 01:32 PM
    In that case I would go get a blood test done. They should be sensitive enough to detect the pregnancy hormone. They have a test that tells you exactly how much hormone is in your system
    unknown1506 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Jan 12, 2007, 10:06 PM
    [QUOTE=J_9]Unknown, an egg does not grow unless it is fertalized. You may be thinking of pseudo pregnancy, or false pregnancy, but the egg does not grow. Don't know where you got your info from, shrugs, but this is untrue.

It does because I know someone that it happened to that found out after 5 months that she had an empty egg growing inside of her and had to have surgury to remove it so I don't know where you got your info but don't correct me unless you know for a fact that your right

Jan 13, 2007, 07:44 AM
    buggage thanks for your reply I was thinking about going for a blood test but I don't know how I would go about getting one done do I just go to my doctor and request to have a blood test done because I know as soon as I go there and tell them my syptoms they will do a urine pregnancy test which will be pointless because I can do them at home any ideas xx
    Ultra Member

Jan 13, 2007, 02:15 PM
    You can just go in to the hospital and request one. I did this when I was 2 months late. You might want to call the hospital ahead of time to make sure that yours doesn't require you to set up a time to do it, but usually they just take walk ins. In order to get a test that reads the exact amount of hcg in your system(which might be the best option for you) you will have to ask your doctor to request it. They don't usually do that one juston your request, simply because it is a little more expensive, and takes a little more lab work time. I would talk to your doctor about your concerns, and ask him/her to request a quanitive blood test. ( I believe that is what that one is called. There are only two blood tests. The hcg level is more accurate) good luck. I hope that you find out soon.
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

Jan 13, 2007, 02:58 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by unknown1506
    as a matter of fact it does because i know someone that it happened to that found out after 5 months that she had an empty egg growing inside of her and had to have surgury to remove it so i dont know where you got your info but dont correct me unless you know for a fact that your right

I would really REALLY like to know what the name of this syndrome/disease/whatever is.

It is NOT possible for an unfertilized egg to grow into a pregnancy. A false pregnancy is something completely different... so maybe you're thinking of a fetal death (a case where the child is dead in the womb prior to birth)?
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jan 13, 2007, 03:21 PM
    Yes, I would like to know the name of this condition also as I have NEVER heard of this.

Could have been a ruptured cyst that needed to be surgically removed?

Jan 13, 2007, 06:14 PM
    So do I go to my doctors and get him to set me appiontment or can I just go along and wait in the waiting room and get one done that way? U see I'm really desperate to find out because I am working in a pub at the mo and it not going to be a good environment to be working in with me carrying a child, I have been feeling really sick today as well I have been sick as well I have a little nap in the early eve and when I woke up I was sick everywhere but I felt better after I don't that so I see I have got most of the syptoms but I don't know I feel pregnant if you know what I mean but it beginning to get me down because I really want to know especially as this is a planned pregnancy. Xxx
    Ultra Member

Jan 13, 2007, 07:09 PM
    I would go to your doctor and try to get the ordered test. If you get the regular one done, and it says negative, and your period still doesn't come, and you still have symptoms, you'll probably end up getting a doctor ordered one anyway. I would just try to get the doctor ordered one first, save time and money. He could probably tell you more and give you more advice on it. You could also get an exam and he could tell how it all looks. Sometimes they can tell if your uterus is larger then it should be, and tell from the pigmentation inside whether it is likely(it turns a blueish purple color when pregnant. )

Jan 16, 2007, 02:03 PM
    Hi buggage thanks for your reply, I have got a doctors appiontment on Monday to get a blood test done hopefully I will let you know what the out come is thanks for your help.
    Ultra Member

Jan 16, 2007, 02:11 PM
    No problem! Good to hear! Let me know what you find out! Best of luck!
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

Jan 16, 2007, 02:13 PM
    Sugarplum... I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!

Jan 20, 2007, 06:54 AM
    Thanks ladies x

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What's happening please help [ 6 Answers ]

as long as I can remember werid things have always happen to me, dreams I dreamt came true, I could tell you when the fone was going to ring n who it was for, and when ever I was around strange sounds would happen and t.v lights etc would go werid. But recently things have got worse, when I was...

What's happening to me [ 11 Answers ]

I have had normal periods and I am taking the pill This month even though I am on the pill I strted bleeding 2 days prev and then stopped I woke up early one morning and found that I was covered in blood which has never happened and have been very heavy bleeding since ? And very very painful...

Does anyone know what's happening to my husband? [ 10 Answers ]

There is something strange happening to my husband and we aren't quite sure of what it is. I just had a son on the 27th of Oct and ever since I got home strange things have been going on. I was camera happy when I got home. I took a picture of him while he was getting ready to fall asleep in our...

What Happen and what's happening now [ 7 Answers ]

Well the topic that is so popular on people mind is what happen with me in my further wife after all the drama. Well in one sentence I'll tell you. Many things was wrong, first there was no trust. No good commnication and a distance relationship and too much damage had already been done. So I...

What's happening with my machine here? [ 14 Answers ]

Okay?? On two occasions while I was in this forum actually (yes I blame you) I got cut off in the middle of typing and was automatically tranfered to my email page. I never had that happen before but these two times which was lastnight and just now. Is that normal??

View more questions Search