Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Ngoshe8r Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 19, 2016, 10:37 PM
    Opposite gender siblings sharing room in Ontario Canada
    We are expecting a baby girl and have my SO's little guy (5y/o) half the time. Messy divorce and custody battle so we expect them to try and make gender difference an issue as we are in a 2 BR condo.

They will have separate beds (bunk), and change in the bathroom. I know CAS standpoint of once they are in school, but that isn't law is it?

Any help you can offer would be greatly appreciated.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Dec 20, 2016, 03:42 AM
    I don't know what you are worrying about. You only have his son half the time. A bunk bed for your new baby is down the road somewhat. Baby doesn't haven't to be in the same room for quite some time; will be in a crib in your bedroom. Is that not so?

There is no law about opposite siblings sharing a bedroom. It isn't done on moral grounds if the siblings are entering puberty and old enough to know what their bodies are all about.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Dec 20, 2016, 05:50 AM
    A lot of what goes on in a divorce has little to do with law. I agree that you don't have anything to worry about now, but do think this is a question for your lawyer, who knows more about what your SO's ex is like and what his/her lawyer is like. This question does come up in divorce a lot, as one parent tries anything to obstruct shared custody. To save time and money, I'd work out a plan for a specific year.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Opposite sex siblings share room [ 9 Answers ]

Is there any law in the state of Missouri about siblings of the opposite sex(6 year old boy & 3 year old girl) sharing a bedroom?

Is there a law concerning siblings of the opposite sex sharing a bedroom in nc? [ 2 Answers ]

I have 2 daughters, a 12 year old and a 9 year old, I also have a 7 year old son. Is it illegal to have the 9 year old and the 7 year old share a room so that my 12 year old can have her own room? My girls don't want to share a room with each other and so I was trying to find a solution to my...

Opposite sex siblings sharing a bedroom [ 1 Answers ]

I have 3 children who are 8, 5 and 4 and they are sharing the same bedroom at the moment, the older two are girls and the youngest is a boy. I've been on the council waiting list for a 3 bedroomed house for over 4 years now but as far as they know it is okay for the children to be sharing a room. ...

Siblings of opposite sex wants to share room. [ 1 Answers ]

My 8yr old son and 6yr old daughter want to share a room. I have 4 children altogether. The home we are in is a 4 bedroom and currently my 11yr old and 8 yr old boys are constantly fighting. My 4th child is only 7mos old and he wakes 3-4 times a night so he can't be roomed with my 8 yr old do to...

Opposite Sex Siblings sharing a bedroom [ 2 Answers ]

In the state of Wisconsin, is there any law prohibiting opposite-sex siblings from sharing a bedroom after a certain age?

View more questions Search