Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Ddog336 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

May 8, 2010, 06:10 PM
    Orange balls in water
    We have very small orange balls or crystals in our water. At first they were clogging up the bathroom faucets, now they clogged up our clothes washer... I also see them in the bottom of our toilet. We have copper pipes not iron. What is it what can we do? Should we be drinking our water, I don't see anything when I pour a glass of water.

I have been unclogging bathroom faucets for two months.. didnt notice problem elsewhere but now that I think about it the kitchen faucet has been having less pressure. Now recently we see the orange goo in the toilet bowl and now the clothes washer was taking 3 hours I checked the cold water line and it was full of orange balls, almost totally clogged.
    CHayn Posts: 177, Reputation: 10

May 10, 2010, 03:57 AM

Bypass your water softener! That must be your culprit. The resin is being released from the tank. You need a new softener.
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

May 10, 2010, 06:47 AM

You do have a water softener don't you?
    Ddog336 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

May 10, 2010, 07:02 AM

I do have a water softener... I did the bypass cleaned out all the sinks and clothes washer and it seems to be staying free of the orange balls. Thanks... looks like its time to shop for a new water softener
    KenH Posts: 7, Reputation: 2

Feb 27, 2013, 08:26 PM
    I have seen little blue, greenish balls in the same locations - both at work and at home. Neither location has a water softener. I can only assume it is something that the city does to the water. Your thoughts?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

For The Ladies.geisha balls/ben wa balls? [ 5 Answers ]

Have you ever used geisha balls/ben wa balls? What are your thoughts on them?

Ih how many ways 21 red balls and 19 blue balls can be arranged in a row so that no t [ 1 Answers ]

Ih how many ways 21 red balls and 19 blue balls can be arranged in a row so that no two blue balls are together

Dyed hair last night & now I have pumpkin orange what can I do to get the orange out [ 4 Answers ]

Dyed my hair last night and now have pumpkin orange hair how can I get the orange out?

Orange/Brown grains coming in through water supply [ 2 Answers ]

We moved into a house a little over a year ago. This house has a water softener which we have never had before. This has happened twice since we've lived here. When you run the water or flush the toilets orange grains come through the water lines. They almost seem like salt. They are very...

Heated up balls [ 3 Answers ]

kind of a random question: What kind of damage is possible if your balls remain at a higher than normal temperature for too long. I often sit with my laptop directly on my lap for extended periods. I'm wearing clothes at the time but afterwards I can feel that my balls are pretty heated from...

View more questions Search