Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tedluk Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Apr 15, 2009, 03:40 PM
    Setting up a spa
    We recently moved into a rental house that has an indoor spa- we know nothing about maintaining or setting up a spa. It was manufactured by Charisma Spas and they appear to be out of business.

We need to find out if it matters whether we use bromine or chlorine for sanitizing and learn how to operate the spa. Can anyone give us an idea where to start? I picked up a pamphlet at Walmart from HTH which seems to have the basic information, but I really don't know if there is more to it than they show.

Thank you for your help!

Ted
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Apr 15, 2009, 04:59 PM

Is this a hot tub or a spa that gets drained every time it is used?

Apr 16, 2009, 07:08 AM

I guess, if I understand your question, is that it is a hot tub- it doesn't get drained each time it is used. We have to fill it with a garden hose.

Thanks!

Ted

Apr 16, 2009, 08:39 AM

Then use bromine inside the home. I have not seen anyone who thought they made a good choice putting a hot tub inside a living space. They produce a great deal of humidity but you will find out on your own, keep it covered when nopt in use.

Apr 16, 2009, 09:25 AM

It's in a separate room all to itself- It's quite nice, actually- it's below our master bedroom with bay windows overlooking a forest and golf course!

Does it make much of a difference what brand of chemicals I use? Do I need to do anything special when setting up the spa for the first time? Is there somewhere I can go to find a comprehensive explanation to what I need to do?

Thank you for your help!

Ted

Apr 16, 2009, 09:58 AM

Ted, that room does sound nice but if it's a heated living space that same air will be circulated throughout the home and some spa chemicals can cause unwanted odors. I would suggest stopping by a spa sales store and ask them tons of questions as if you were going to buy a spa. They really are not that tricky to maintain. You need a small test kit usually consisting of test strips and an adjustable bromine dispenser. PH should periodically also be monitored and adjusted.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Setting up lan connection on ME OS [ 2 Answers ]

I am trying to connect my son's computer to the internet via a wireless adaptor (cnet wireless-g usb dongle). I have a netgear router, which I have wireless access for my laptop through. I don't believe these devices are part of my issue, but wanted to include as much info as possible. I have an...

Proper A/c Setting [ 1 Answers ]

Which is more efficient... Leaving thermostat at 75 degrees all the time or using programmable thermostat and raising temp when not home then lowering it before coming home? Won't the a/c have to work harder to cool off warmer house?

Setting Up LAN [ 1 Answers ]

I have an XP computer and a VISTA computer. Each connect to internet by a D-Link DI-604 router and a Motorola 5220 cable modem. Each computer is connected to internet separately, not one connected through other. I would like to setup a LAN so that they can talk to each other. XP machine...

I'm I setting myself up? [ 2 Answers ]

So after a yr my boyfriend dumped me. He was sincerely as close as a person can get to perfect. I treated him poorly by letting my own personal issues, baggage and slight drinking problem get in the way, and every time it would cause an argument, I'd promise to this time be better. He was always...

E-bay setting?? [ 1 Answers ]

?I have a question for anybody that can help. I have been an e-bayer for some time now and have not had any problems with setting on the site. Now all of a sudden am having problems when I click on a customers e-mail address, or on the feedback section. Here are my problems... I have cable line...

View more questions Search