Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Joann5679 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 12, 2012, 09:39 PM
    Fixed deposit entry for the interest?
    I made a placement and would like to make an entry for the interest received portion. Advice on the appropriate entry for this. The placement was done by cash. Need to know where should I put the interest received column in accounting software-assets ?

Please advice the correct entry to be done
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Jun 12, 2012, 10:34 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Joann5679 View Post
    i made a placement and would like to make an entry for the interest received portion. Advice on the appropriate entry for this. the placement was done by cash. Need to know where should i put the interest received column in accounting software-assets ?

please advice the correct entry to be done
    I don't understand your question. What software are you using to record your transaction.
    Usually cash payments are made in the cash payments journal or similar. Interest received is income or other income

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Journal for interest on fixed deposit [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, Kindly help me fixed deposit of 100000/- kept against the bank guarnteee , tell me what is the journal entry for the same & interest on the & in the balance sheet where it will reflect Interest on the fd shall we show as a part of income & what is the journal entry for the same ...

Accounting entry for fixed deposit [ 2 Answers ]

What should be the accounting entry at the time of placement and maturity of fixed deposit?

What should be the accounting entry at the time of placement of Fixed deposit? [ 1 Answers ]

What should be the accounting entry at the time of placement and maturity of fixed deposit?

View more questions Search