Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kattygirl Posts: 131, Reputation: 3

Aug 9, 2007, 08:59 PM
    Home inspection
    My new landlord is doing a home inspection. I have called and asked him to change the time due to having a doctors appt at the time he specified. He said no. If I am not home can he enter the property?
    rockinmommy Posts: 1,123, Reputation: 82
    Ultra Member

Aug 10, 2007, 07:14 AM
    What does your lease say?

I know this is not what you want to hear, but I've never seen any rule or law that states that you have any say-so about when something like that occurs, just that they give you proper notice of it. You certainly have a right to be there when they're there, but if you can't that's not really their issue. Do you have a friend/relative who can be there to hang out while they're there?

Is the issue just that you don't want them there when you're not home?
    macksmom Posts: 1,787, Reputation: 152
    Ultra Member

Aug 10, 2007, 07:30 AM
    In most rental agreement (well apartments for sure anyways) the landlord just has to give you 24hr notice of when they will be entering the premises, but like rockinmomy said check your lease to be sure.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Emission inspection [ 2 Answers ]

My 2002 GMC yukon XL will not pass emission inspection due to OBD not giving a reading out the computer. The technician suggested I take it in for service and check all fuses. I check all the fuse and did not see any fuse blown or related to the OBD. Can anyone help?

Leak Inspection [ 3 Answers ]

We just bought a 7 year old house and found out the coolant in the 10lb tank was completely depleted. The tech wants to do a $237 leak inspection before charging a few hundred dollars to refill the tank. Should I call the old owners to see if they may have ran it out? I was okay with it until...

Home inspection [ 3 Answers ]

I bought a home in July , a home warranty was purchased. I did not have a home inspection done. I need to know what is check in heating /ac unit . If a home inspector would have checked if a 2"X8" crack in the heat exchanger or would he just cut unit on to see if it works?:mad:

Problem With Home Inspection... Advice, Please! [ 8 Answers ]

Hello group! I recently had a home inspection done on a home we are purchasing and certain issues came up that were unexpected during the inspection. These are not issues that warrant us not wanting to buy the home, but we would like to be compensated for the expenses of repairs and upgrades that...

Central AC won't come on following home inspection [ 2 Answers ]

I'm in the process of selling my house and a home inspection was just performed. Supposedly everything went okay and no problems with heating/ac were noted on the report. However, when I got back in town, the house was warm. The AC wouldn't come on when I adjusted the thermostat (on auto or on...

View more questions Search