Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    blake83 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 8, 2006, 04:50 PM
    Hampton Bay Remote Video/fan Remote Control
    I have a Hampton Bay Video & Fan Remote Control (Model #UR8050T). It has been working fine for about 2 years until it recently began malfunctioning. It still operates the television, but the use of the fan/light features has stopped working. It will not turn the fan on or off, and the light is stuck in a dimmed position. The wall switch will turn power to the light on and off, but I cannot get the remote to work the fan or the light. Please help, I have a sixteen year old daughter expecting me to work miracles so that she can straighten her hair and apply make-up within the friendly confines of her bedroom.

I can not find the manual to see if I can reprogram the remote... is there someplace to get codes for these units?:confused: :confused: :confused:
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Jan 8, 2006, 07:49 PM
    My guess is that the receiver for the fan has gone bad. You may need a new one. Beyond that, click on Electrical and Lighting at the top of this page, and then on the sticky.

I hate having Ultra Expert under my name when answers like this are the best I can do.
    ceilingfanrepair Posts: 5,733, Reputation: 109
    Uber Member

Feb 21, 2006, 08:47 PM
    First, try cutting the power off to the fan, and back on again. WHat happens then?

Next, try changing the frequency on the remote and the fan receiver.

Next, try a new remote.

Lastly, you may have to replace the fan receiver or the fan.

For more information on ceiling fan remotes:

http://www.ceiling-fans-n-more.com/c...e-controls.php
    dougwil Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 6, 2007, 04:20 PM
    I have the same problem as you with the same remote control! The only difference is that instead of our lights being stuck "on", our fan was stuck in the "on" position. Like you, I had to turn the power off with the wall switch to make it stop. The remote continues to operate the TV with no problem.

I disconnected the remote from the fan and have hard-wired it to the ceiling, thus eliminating the remote control all together. The fan and lights worked just fine. This tells me that it's definitely the remote that is the problem. After removing the remote, I checked to make sure the DIP switches still matched up and were not accidentally moved when we changed the batteries.

I'm pretty certain that your fan itself is just fine, so I don't believe you'll need to replace any of its parts. You might want to try and hard-wire it to the ceiling the same way I did just to be sure.

I figured it's not worth my time or energy to try and fix a broken remote. I'll most likely bite the bullet and buy another one. It's cheaper to buy a new remote that to try and fix and/or replace the entire fan and light kit!

Good luck!

Doug
    Uber Member

Apr 6, 2007, 11:05 PM
    If the receiver and remote are a separate kit, and the fan is fine, return the receiver and remote to where you bought it from. Hampton Bay stuff is under warranty.
    mdsanders Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 11, 2007, 07:11 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by blake83
    I have a Hampton Bay Video & Fan Remote Control (Model #UR8050T). It has been working fine for about 2 years until it recently began malfunctioning. It still operates the television, but the use of the fan/light features has stopped working. It will not turn the fan on or off, and the light is stuck in a dimmed position. The wall switch will turn power to the light on and off, but I cannot get the remote to work the fan or the light. Please help, I have a sixteen year old daughter expecting me to work miracles so that she can straighten her hair and apply make-up within the friendly confines of her bedroom.

I can not find the manual to see if I can reprogram the remote...is there someplace to get codes for these units?:confused: :confused: :confused:
    Did u find answers
    rook_mears Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 13, 2007, 06:26 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by blake83

I can not find the manual to see if I can reprogram the remote...is there someplace to get codes for these units?:confused: :confused: :confused:
    A SOLUTION TO REMOTE CONTROL PROBLEM

HAMPTON BAY, KING OF FANS
    UPC# 082392552954 -maybe.

I HAD problems with my remote not working. I would turn on the switch and the fan would stay in one mode; light off, fan on slow.

But what fixed my problem was just RE-SETTING THE DIP SWITCHES in the remote itself. Not for the purpose of changing the frequency, but just making sure the switches were still firmly set in the on or off positions. Mine was up, up, up, down. So I took a small blade and moved each switch up and down 3 or 4 times... made sure the switches were in the original positions and shazam! Working.

And make sure to have FRESH BATTERIES, Duracell's are the best in my book. There is a low battery indicator on the remote but if they are REALLY low the display still works but the low battery indicator does not.

(I did actually take down my fan and install it in another room in this process here, so there is a 5% chance this could have 'done something' to fix the problem too, but the set up was too easy.)

If you're thinking there may be a lot of dust in the fan, on the computer inside the fan, forget it. It does not get dirty. I had a pretty dusty room and the computer and electronics in the fan were in a plastic housing and very clean after being install for over 4 years, maybe like 5 or 6 years.

Hope that helps you guys.
    NTexas Posts: 1, Reputation: 2

Dec 28, 2007, 10:31 PM
    https://fjallfoss.fcc.gov/prod/oet/f...ive_or_pdf=pdf

This is the manual for the hampton fan controller

FYI if you have the FCC ID number, sometimes the docs can be found on the FCC site. https://fjallfoss.fcc.gov/oetcf/eas/...ericSearch.cfm is the search form, enter the number as directed and look for at the details for the piece of equipment -- you may get lucky as I did for the fan!
    Uber Member

Dec 29, 2007, 12:48 AM
    That's pretty cool!
    will1383 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 1, 2008, 07:05 PM
    I have the manual for the UR8050T Universal Video & Fan Remote. Email me your fax number and I'd be happy to send you a copy of the manual. You can contact me at [email protected]
    sigi Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 10, 2009, 01:43 PM
    For the Remote control Hampton Bay UR5080T when Light or Fan no more working on the Remote.Open Remote and Remove Rubber Key Pad and clean both sides with rubbing Alcohol and ship board clean contact with a eraser,put all together and it work.
    husky1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 17, 2010, 07:43 PM
    To the person named NTexas... I want to say thank you for that link to the fcc site... I was able to get my remote working again... thank you thank you
    spychals Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 19, 2010, 07:48 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by rook_mears View Post

I HAD problems with my remote not working. I would turn on the switch and the fan would stay in one mode; light off, fan on slow.

But what fixed my problem was just RE-SETTING THE DIP SWITCHES in the remote itself. Not for the purpose of changing the frequency, but just making sure the switches were still firmly set in the on or off positions. Mine was up, up, up, down. So I took a small blade and moved each switch up and down 3 or 4 times... made sure the switches were in the original positions and shazam! Working.

And make sure to have FRESH BATTERIES, Duracell's are the best in my book. There is a low battery indicator on the remote but if they are REALLY low the display still works but the low battery indicator does not.

(I did actually take down my fan and install it in another room in this process here, so there is a 5% chance this could have 'done something' to fix the problem too, but the set up was too easy.)

If you're thinking there may be a lot of dust in the fan, on the computer inside the fan, forget it. It does not get dirty. I had a pretty dusty room and the computer and electronics in the fan were in a plastic housing and very clean after being install for over 4 years, maybe like 5 or 6 years.

This was exactly the same problem I had and the solution worked! The LED on the remote would blink twice any time that I pushed the fan buttons, but when hitting any other button the led lit up when the button was pressed and turned off when the button was depressed. The fan would not operate when pressing the fan buttons either. I just did as he said and removed the batteries and toggled the dip switches up and down one time each and returned them to their original position that I had them set to. After putting the batteries back in, the remote no longer blinked twice when pressing the fan buttons and Voilà it also began operating the fan again! Thanks a TON!
    spychals Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 19, 2010, 07:50 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by rook_mears View Post

This was exactly the same problem I had and the solution worked! The LED on the remote would blink twice any time that I pushed the fan buttons, but when hitting any other button the led lit up when the button was pressed and turned off when the button was depressed. The fan would not operate when pressing the fan buttons either. I just did as he said and removed the batteries and toggled the dip switches up and down one time each and returned them to their original position that I had them set to. After putting the batteries back in, the remote no longer blinked twice when pressing the fan buttons and Voilà it also began operating the fan again! Thanks a TON!
    msarabia Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 3, 2010, 02:06 PM

I own a Hampton Bay Remote Fan model UC7067RC and I moved to another city and the manual is lost can somebody help me.
    Omega444 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 26, 2010, 04:38 PM
    I ordered this new remote since the original one failed to work. I got a new at eBay at a bargain price ($13.98 inclu.shipping). They had the same one at Home Depot for $39.00 and at other sites (Amazon) I saw prices up to $75.00 (ridiculous). Anyway. I put new batteries in & it would not start up the fan or turn on the light. I checked the DIp Switches (& this is where the answer is) and placed them all in the up position just like the old remote had them. No dice. After fidgeting and tinkering with it to no success I noted that the DIP Switches were not going completely up. I then used a small flathead screw driver to forcibly click each of the four DIP switches UP. I had to use some force. But Eureka. Works perfect ! It's the DIP switches.
    DocAustin Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 7, 2011, 11:40 AM
    The manual can be found on the FCC site here: https://fjallfoss.fcc.gov/eas/GetApplicationAttachment.html?id=305485

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hampton Bay Remote Control Installation [ 2 Answers ]

I am trying to understand the installation procedures for installing a remote control into a Hampton Bay (Mod. 197 878) Grammercy Fan. The reomote receiver has a total of 6 wires. One is the antenna wire, and that speaks for itself. There are black, white and blue wires on one side, and I...

Can Hampton Bay remote control be discarded [ 6 Answers ]

:rolleyes: Yes another Hampton Bay remote question. I have one existing switch controlling the fan. And One existing dimmer controlling the light. The box at the ceiling having white (neutral), a Hot (Black) and a Hot (Pink). The previous fan connected Black to black, white to white, and pink to...

Hampton bay remote control ceiling fan [ 2 Answers ]

I have a Hampton Bay Windward II 54” ceiling fan and fluorescent lamp with remote control. I replaced the original fluorescent circline lamp with a new one. Now the light won’t turn won’t stay on or dim and the fan operates properly. Any ideas?

Hampton Bay Fan remote control install [ 1 Answers ]

I have purchased a Hampton Bay ceiling fan 198-374 and a wireless remote 191-691. I am sure they are both campatable. But, the booklet for the fan has a warning to reduce the risk of fire do not use this fan with any solid-state fan speed control device. I have installed many ceiling fans but this...

View more questions Search