Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sarah04 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 17, 2007, 04:30 AM
    Weight gain/s
    After quitting 20 yeasrs of smoking I have gained weight by 1 stone.

What is the correct weight for being 5 foot 1, age 35?

What calorie instake can I have? I have never looked at the back of packets of food/gained weight like this before.

What tummy excersises can be compledted at home?

Is it best to do sit ups or by an abdo trainer or similar?
    lovelesspa Posts: 1,019, Reputation: 127
    Ultra Member

Jun 17, 2007, 04:04 PM
    Really need to know body type, small, medium, or large frame? (Age and gender would also help.) Food portions are a key to weight loss, smaller portions, a serving size of meat for instance is only 3 oz. A serving of Dairy is 1 cup low fat or skim milk, cottage cheese, or low fat yogurt, and a serving of cheese 1 1/2 oz. Serving of veggie, the leafy kind, 1/2 cup, fruits 1 medium sized fruit. Beans 1/2 cup, and only 1/3 cup nuts or seeds. Cutting your caloric intake anywhere from 100-500 calories a day will help. Along with exercise 30-60 minutes a day aerobics, resistance training, walking, biking, or swimming.

Try this one for your belly, Lie face up on the floor, legs extended, hands loosely behind your head, slowly bring your left elbow across your body while beding your right knee and lifting your leg toward your chest as far as is comfortable, hold for a few seconds and lower back to start, repeat, alternating sides, twist torso not neck.

Lie on your back, legs extended, arms down at your sides, palms down, keeping arms parallel to ground, raise your legs and torso up until your balancing on your tailbone and your body forms a V, hold for a second and then slowly lower, (keep legs slightly bent)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How Can I Gain Weight [ 2 Answers ]

How can I gain 10- 20 pounds within the next 2 weeks can someone help me are there any pills or anything I can do to gain weight

Why can't I gain weight? [ 19 Answers ]

I'm 25 5'2 and 95 pounds and I want to gain weight so bad, but it feels like such a struggle to do so. When I eat a little I am 95, when I eat normal it's 95, when I eat a lot it's still 95! I've been skinny my whole life and even though I'm confident, I hate my body sometimes and isn't because I...

How to gain weight? [ 4 Answers ]

I'm about to turn 15 on December 22nd. I'm a male, 6 feet, 1 inch. I'm quite tall however I'm only 130 pounds. My parents both doctors don't have time to take me to a gym to work out plus they said that I'm too young to go to the gym. My mother carried me to a gym after I begged her about 2 months...

How Can I Gain Weight? [ 1 Answers ]

I Am 16 Years Old And Have A One Year Old Son. Before I Became Pregnant With Him I Weighed 115 Pounds. During The Pregnancy I Weighed 140 Pounds And I Now Weigh 104 Pounds. I Hate How Skinny I Look, I Hate The Way My Clothes Fit Me And I Have Never Had A Problem With The Way I Look But It Now Seems...

Weight gain [ 2 Answers ]

I am 22, height 155cm.50kg. I want to have expanded bones and more weight so that I will be looking like the person of correct age. Now I am looking like 15year boy. This makes me depression. Kindly give the suggestions and advice.

View more questions Search