Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mellymel21384 Posts: 9, Reputation: 3

Sep 23, 2007, 05:01 PM
    Connections for RCA surround sound system
    I had this figured out at one point in my life, but then I moved. Here's my dillema.
    Normal Sylvania TV, Magnavox DVD/VCR and RCA surround system-How do I connect these three?
    Any help is greatly appreciated!
    Thank you!
    Gregisteredtrademark Posts: 226, Reputation: 35

Sep 26, 2007, 12:20 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by mellymel21384
    I had this figured out at one point in my life, but then I moved. Here's my dillema.
    Normal Sylvania TV, Magnavox DVD/VCR and RCA surround system-How do I connect these three?
    Any help is greatly appreciated!
    Thank you!
    Cable or Cable Box or Satellite Receiver "output" connected to the "input" of the VCR/DVD player. Make sure you run the initial setup. Then you can do one of two things. 1) Video out to the TV and audio out to the sound system. This will sound the best, but will require your VCR to be on every time you watch TV. Or 2) video and audio out of the VCR/DVD to the TV (coax or RCA) then audio out of the TV to the sound system. Good luck.
    mellymel21384 Posts: 9, Reputation: 3

Sep 26, 2007, 08:11 PM
    Thanks! I'll give it a try!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

RCA TV Lost Sound [ 5 Answers ]

A 5-year old RCA 32 inch "traditional" television set has lost sound. All else works just fine. However, when the set is first turned on, sound is heard for about 30 seconds or less, then stops. Letting the unit sit unplugged for (up to) several hours for a "hard reset" does not help. Connecting...

Surround sound [ 1 Answers ]

What is the best surround sound for a good price I'm not looking for something that's thousand of dollars but that's in the 200 to 500 range?

Surround sound [ 1 Answers ]

What is the best wireless surround sound system for home use? I really do not want to run wires throughout the room for the speakers.

View more questions Search