Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tyrarain Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 2, 2008, 10:11 AM
    Balancing a squirrel cage
    When we moved into our house, the furnace was filthy. Previous tenants didn't use filters. While removing a grocery sack full of dust, dirt & lint, the balancing weights on the squirrel cage came off. They didn't appear to be in great condition either. Where would I take the cage to have it balanced? Is this something I can do myself?
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Dec 2, 2008, 11:02 AM
    Cages are not rebalanced they are replaced. The cost to rebalance would be more than a new one. Contact your local HVAC company for a replacement or if you have the exact model and brand of unit you can search on Google to see who has parts for your unit.
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Dec 2, 2008, 12:12 PM

And get you ducts cleaned after it gets fixed.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Furnace Squirrel cage suddenly loud [ 12 Answers ]

This is a ten-year old Goodman GMPN100-4. Today the motor suddenly increased in noise. I went downstairs to look it over, and the sound level is very loud, coming from the motor/squirell cage area. I took off the door, reached in, wiggled the squirrel cage to see if it was loose, and it did...

Oil furnace blower motor squirrel cage [ 3 Answers ]

I need to replace my furnace blower motor squirrel cage. This is the mechanism that moves air throughout my house for air conditioning or heat. My current squirrel cage is currently out of balance & needs to be replaced. I think my blower motor turns counter clockwise. There is a difference...

Mission Impossible Squirrel - UK TV Advert [ 2 Answers ]

Hi everyone, This is probably of more interest to UK residents, unless of course this advert was shown in other countries. I am trying to find out if there is a website which still shows a particular advertisement. The details are: It concerns a squirrel which has to get to some nuts which...

Squirrel in the attic [ 10 Answers ]

There is a baby squirrel up in my folks attic. My mean daddy put poison up there and fortunatly the squirrel did not eat it but dumped the box out the attic window. I heard to use mothballs and vinegar but daddy won't use them for some reason. How do I get this baby out of the attic?

Electrocute red squirrel [ 11 Answers ]

How can I adapt a furnace transformer to electrocute a demonic red squirrel without burning down my house? This squirrel has been chewing my wiring and trashing my kitchen; it is immune to poison and it laughs at my traps.

View more questions Search