Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    llll45 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 4, 2008, 12:45 PM
    Replacing Furnace
    I'm thinking of replacing the furnace in the home I just purchased and I would appreciate some advice on recommended brands.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Aug 5, 2008, 03:42 AM
    I know that it would help those who are most qualified and knowledgeable to answer your question the best if they could have an idea as to what type of furnace you presently have and how large your home is and what type of furnace it is that you are wanting to purchase. I house-sit for some people that have actually two furnaces in there home as well as two central, home air conditioners.

Thanks!
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Aug 5, 2008, 05:12 AM
    All brands are about the same. The quality comes from a good installer who knows what they are doing.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Does replacing outside A/C unit require replacing inside unit [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 10 year old 10SEER Trane outside and inside unit. The coil is leaking freon in a few spots. The first technician gave me a quote to replace the outside and inside air handler with a 13SEER for around $4800. The second technician I called came out and suggested only replacing the outside...

Replacing Copper Oil Feed Line to Furnace [ 4 Answers ]

Hello again, Well, we forgot to call the furnace cleaning guy last year, so this year the man said we have a buildup of sludge in the line (the filter even had to be pried from the housing). He said the pump is running at vacuum and the line should be replaced. So I want to get some tips on...

Replacing a natural gas furnace [ 3 Answers ]

I need to do this very soon. Recently I discovered I need a new furnace, mine was installed when the house was built in 1963. Now the heating contractor gave me an estimate of $3,500 for an 80% efficiency furnace, that seems like highway robbery since I have found 93% furnaces for less than...

Replacing furnace air A/C? [ 18 Answers ]

I have a Lennox pulse furnace that is 23 years old and a Lennox A/C that is 22 years old. My question is: should I replace them for newer equipment before they break down, or just run them into the ground. The price of hydro keeps going up. They get serviced every second year. I live in...

Should you replace ducts when replacing a furnace? [ 1 Answers ]

I am gong to replace my furnace, it was in the house when I moved in 17 years ago, And I have had problems lately, My house is about 30 years old. My question is should I replace the duct work when I replace the furnace? I do not see any problems. My only though is they may be old and dirty, as...

View more questions Search