Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Bluehazel1953 Posts: 74, Reputation: 8

Sep 23, 2005, 10:55 AM
    Hotmail Account Hijacked
    Hiya All
    Got a horrible problem, cannot get into my hotmail.com address, Hotmail .co.uk is OK. Am I right in thinking I've been hijacked, and if so is there any way I can retrieve all the stuff I've got in that account? Done what I can think of. Ad-Aware, Spybot, scanned with AVG free, plus House Call, found nothing. Is it worth crossing my fingers? Thank You. DavidB.
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Sep 24, 2005, 03:54 AM
    Hotmail
    Hi,
    When you try to log or sign in to your hotmail account, does it tell you to re-enter your ID or password?
    Could be you are not typing your ID correctly, or are typing in the wrong password.
    If that isn't it, the only other thing would be the time you last tried to log in.
    If you haven't logged in within a certain time, say 60 days or whatever, the account might be closed.
    I seriously doubt that anyone would hijack an email account with Yahoo or Hotmail. It's also possible someone you know got your ID and Password, went to your hotmail account, and changed the password!
    Best of luck,
    fredg

Sep 24, 2005, 04:59 AM
    Hotmail Account
    Hiya Fred
    Thanks for the response mate, doing everything right. I can get into the sign in box, put in my password and I just get timed out. The same thing happened with my wife. My .co.uk account was OK. Set up another .com account for my wife and that's OK. Tried it in Firefox browser and I got three options about the certificate not been authenticated, I think they said try this site this once, try it all the time, or don't try at all. No joy at all. Have told no-one my details, so it's a mystery fred. Have changed my details in sites such as this. Worse things happen at sea though. Thanks again Fred. DavidB
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Sep 24, 2005, 06:17 AM
    Timed out
    Hi,
    Another thing you can try: with Internet Explorer.
    At the top at any website, click on Tools, then Internet Options.
    Click on the Security tab, then click on the Internet icon to highlight it.
    Click on the Custom Level button at bottom.
    Then, re-set Security Level to Medium.
    Click on Apply then OK.
    Not sure, but might help.
    Best of luck,
    fredg

Sep 24, 2005, 11:06 AM
    Hotmail Account
    Hiya Fred
    Thanks for your help Fred. I have it set at medium all the time. Tried it a while ago and got into it first time. Got all my e-mails and contacts and backed them up before it has a tantrum again. I have changed nothing at all on my system, so I don't know what went wrong mate. DavidB
    jayhawkker Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 10, 2008, 01:36 AM
    Bluehazel 53,
    Jayhawkks 54 woman DIY here.

Let me clarify: DIY But Not on DX&*M computers.

Someone with Asian language keys hijacked MY hotmail. I've had it since hotmail was brand new and NEVER had a problem before. Don't tell ME they won't hijack a nothing account. Lots of people store things in those accounts.

I could get in but couldn't get to my files. Now I can get in an get mail but they want me to click on three items that will take me to sites no woman (or anyone) should have to see. Much less pay for. If you get this figured out, anyone, let me know.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hotmail account access [ 6 Answers ]

After I sign out of my hotmail account I can log back in by using the History icon on my internet explorer. I do not have to enter the password to get back in. What do I do to correct this so I always need to enter my password.

Hijacked [ 4 Answers ]

My computer has been hijacked by something called internet optimizer. How do I get rid of it?

Hotmail account [ 11 Answers ]

Hello my friends , How are all here ? I wish all are very good , I have question and I wish some body here help me , my email is stolen many time ago May be 1 month and I can't return it , but all my message s and mailes there so pleaz help me My email is So...

My browser is being hijacked... [ 6 Answers ]

Every time I open a browser window it changes to "Searchfrombrowser". I google'd it and I think it's part of NewDotNet but I can't find ANYTHING that will get rid of it. Any suggestions? Many thanks! GWI :-/

Hijacked Browser [ 2 Answers ]

I got to this forum because I did a search for "DSO," which is what spybot said I have. I think I effectively removed it following all previous instructions. Thanks. But, my problem still remains... When ever I open IE browser it is hijacked to http://ssearch.biz/?wmid=1010 and I can't use the...

View more questions Search