Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mangololo Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Apr 28, 2009, 08:48 AM
    Learning english grammar
    I thought m fine ,but... I keep having bad comments on my grammar and spelling when I write on YAHOO!Answers...
    I don't know what is the problem.. and I think I need help
    M working as a part time translator(translating from English into Arabic,and I love studying,reading,and even writing notes in English
    I'll be grateful for your help
    Thank you all,,
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Apr 28, 2009, 08:50 AM

Would you be willing to copy one of your Yahoo answers and paste it here?

Apr 28, 2009, 09:07 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by mangololo View Post
    i thought m fine ,but...i keep having bad comments on my grammar and spelling when i write on YAHOO!Answers...
    I don't know what is the problem..and i think i need help
    m working as a part time translator(translating from English into Arabic,and i love studying,reading,and even writing notes in English
    i'll be grateful for your help
    thank you all,,,
    I bought mobinil USB modemysterday...but,here's the problem? - Yahoo! Answers

Apr 28, 2009, 09:15 AM
    I know some words' spelling are false,but it is my keyboard, and I know the right spelling
    another thing I think writing online isn't like writing to a newspaper.. I usually use shortcuts for prepositions (to=2,with=wz,. )and so on
    waiting your reply
    thanks
    artlady Posts: 4,208, Reputation: 1477
    Ultra Member

Apr 28, 2009, 09:22 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by mangololo View Post
    i know some words' spelling are false,but it is my keyboard, and i know the right spelling
    another thing i think writing online isn't like writing to a newspaper..i usually use shortcuts for prepositions (to=2,with=wz,...)and so on
    waiting your reply
    thanx
    Using shortcuts is considered *chat speak* or *text speak* and is not grammatically correct.
    You should do simple things such as capitalization,when necessary.
    Punctuation is important,you do not want run on sentences.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Apr 28, 2009, 09:24 AM

Yes, your punctuation and general grammar are incorrect. Do not use shortcuts. Find an online site such as grammarmudge where you can learn good grammar and ask questions and practice writing.

http://www.grammarmudge.cityslide.com/Home.html

Apr 29, 2009, 05:43 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    Yes, your punctuation and general grammar are incorrect. Do not use shortcuts. Find an online site such as grammarmudge where you can learn good grammar and ask questions and practice writing.

http://www.grammarmudge.cityslide.com/Home.html
    I must thank you,for your suggestion,It is a great,helpful website... :p

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

English learning sites [ 1 Answers ]

I want to learn English and improve my language, but I need cheap ways by using websites and practice by doing conversations, when I was searching on the net I found dating websites which I don't like. I live in UAE in Al Ain, is their any way to meet people and practice with them? I am not very...

Learning english [ 9 Answers ]

My english not perfectly. So ı want to improve my english. What can ı do? :confused:

Learning English [ 3 Answers ]

Thank you dear, Hi thank you for answer me bat anow I am understan bat you want q ? OK How to leraning english ? How to talking english ? I am waching TV everyday moive film english talking bat how to understan or how to watching.

English E-learning [ 1 Answers ]

I am planing to do high studies in one of the english language fields.Are there any universities that can offer E-learning , if so please inform me about the fees and the courses which are available in these universities .

View more questions Search