Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    snowalps Posts: 141, Reputation: 7

Aug 11, 2008, 11:36 AM
    Order never delivered!
    Hi guys,

The consumer depot site has been a real bad experience for me. On 16th July, I placed an order for a 1 gb sony memory stick with the website overstockdealz.com. They told me the order was dispatched on 21st July via standard shipping service (USPS). This order has not yet come to me and I am in a fix about what to do next. This website has no customer service number; neither do they have a tracking number for my order (they told this in a mail to me).the only way I can reach them is by using their webmail and am on their mercy to receive a reply.

My patience is very much on the rise and I just want to cancel my order now. But the funny part is I don't know how because the website has no contatcs at all except for their stupid mail service which is also not prompt or accurate by any means.

Am in a rage and really need to ask you guys for advise. How can I claim my money back? It was $21 and was deducted the day I booked the order.

Any ideas would be aprreciated.

Thanks for reading it through! If something clicks, please suggest!
    progunr Posts: 1,971, Reputation: 288
    Ultra Member

Aug 11, 2008, 11:51 AM
    I would assume you used a credit card for the purchase?

Dispute the charge with your credit card company, they will investigate, and if things turn out as you say, they will reverse the charges.

Aug 11, 2008, 11:59 AM
    I used a debit master card for it... :-( can I still do it?
    Lowtax4eva Posts: 2,467, Reputation: 190
    Ultra Member

Aug 11, 2008, 01:49 PM
    Most likely, I once had a company try to run my debit card months after I made a purchase at their store, I disputed it and my bank reversed the charges.

Also if they sent it UPS there would always be a tracking number.

Aug 11, 2008, 03:50 PM
    Exactly.. but they don't have a tracking number atlease this is what they said.. nyways I called up my debit card company and have placed a dispute order for it. Thanks for your advise progunr and lowtax4eva.. I wonder what website this overstockdealz really is and how people manage to get their delivery.. this was my first time with this company and really bad one.. :-(
    Ultra Member

Aug 12, 2008, 01:56 PM
    They only have a 6 on 10 in customer satisfaction on the site below, there are a few complaints similar to your case

Consumer Depot / overstockdealz_auctions / retail-recyclers / Auction Logistix Customer Ratings, Reviews and Prices at ResellerRatings
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 12, 2008, 05:45 PM
    Sadly no debit cards do not have the same protection as a credit card. And in fact since they have your numbers, they can actually just take more money if they wanted to also.

But always use a credit card to buy online, since it gives you the protection to dispute a charge. At this point you can call your bank and challenge the charge and depending on your banks customer service see what happens.

Aug 13, 2008, 09:34 AM
    This is crazy! I got a mail from them now saying that my order was returned to them as undelivered and since they were charged both ways for shipping, they are not able to issue me a credit more than the price of the item!
    Is this crazy! Guys is this normal?? am worried!
    Ultra Member

Aug 13, 2008, 12:56 PM
    It's odd, I'd try and cancel your order or ask them for the tracking number and contact UPS to see if a delivery was really attempted.

Aug 13, 2008, 11:10 PM
    Actually that's the strange part.. they tell me they don't have a tracking number but they shipped it with usps.. :-(
    pready Posts: 3,197, Reputation: 207
    Ultra Member

Oct 18, 2008, 07:28 PM

USPS is the Post Office.

If the company is a Publicly Traded Company you can get their information on a Financial Website. The site will list the company headquarter's address with a phone number. Also there is a list of the Company's officers.

You can then call the company or send a letter to the CEO (Chief Executive Officer) or the COO (Chief Operations Officer) with your complaint. I would send the letter Certified Mail Return Receipt Requested.

Also you can contact the BBB (Better Business Bureau) with your complaint.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Money Needed for Merchandise already delivered [ 1 Answers ]

I am an Independent Consultant with Pampered Chef. I have a host who owes me $350 for merchandise that she and her guests at her show have received already. The money has been taken out of my account by Pampered Chef. I have called her several times and been told that she would be sending the...

Delivered my son April 18th, Pregnant Again? [ 1 Answers ]

I gave birth to my son 6 weeks ago, I resumed having unprotected sex with my fiancé two weeks ago. I have had a constant stringy vaginal discharge without odor or itch... also in my last pregnancy I knew within days that I was pregnant, and feel I may "just know" again. In the beginning of my...

Merchandise not delivered - paid by creditcard [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I purchased a sofa at Storehouse furniture, a retail outlet for the Rowe Co. It is a popular East Coast furniture store. I have purchased from them before. I waited for 3 years to make this purchase & decided only after they moved into a new huge - over 10,000 sq.ft. space - to see all of...

View more questions Search