Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    maae08 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 13, 2008, 06:40 PM
    My bank put my funds on hold!
    I live in the District of Columbia and one day, I made a cash deposit to my bank account at the teller's desk. I remember it was a Friday. The deposit being cash should have been available to me right away. Over the weekend, while checking on my account online, I saw that the money I deposited was put on hold. When I called customer service, they said that it could happen. Since I needed some of the funds, I asked to speak with a manager who said that there was nothing he could do, he had no explanations as to what happened and told me to live with what I had available to me!! No word of apologies!! I didn't recover the funds until the following Wednesday and still no word of apology!

Is there anything I can do against them legally?

Thank you.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Feb 13, 2008, 07:08 PM
    Hello m:

Nope, but I'd change banks.

excon
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 13, 2008, 07:33 PM
    I can understand not being available till the next business day, depending on the computer systems. But sounds like time to change banks to me also
    Scottish2008 Posts: 501, Reputation: 32

Feb 14, 2008, 11:12 AM
    Both excon and Fr_Chuck are right. You need to change banks. You should write a letter to the head office of the bank you where dealing with. But I can't see that getting you no where. But you never know.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bank Account Hold [ 3 Answers ]

We have just learned that our account has a lien as of tonight we received no information in regards to a lien or have had not documentation from a law firm trying to collect a debt. We have no over draft protection and our account has been overdrawn for over 5,000.00. Is this legal and who would...

Hold on bank account [ 1 Answers ]

What exactly is a "hold" on my checking account? There is an old unpaid Dr. bill (20 yrs.) that has a "Hold" on my acct. I have written checks and they are going to bounce, I was NEVER served properly. Big Surprise! What recourse do I have?

Relationship is put on hold because she is grieving, what should I do? [ 4 Answers ]

Hey, I just need advice on what to do. Me and my girlfriend have just recently been dating. We're both 21. We both lost a really good friend who's VERY important in our life. I don't want to give out specifics because it hurts too much to explain. She told me that she had to put the...

Bank funds garnished [ 5 Answers ]

I just learned that my accounts have been garnished because of a student loan issued by the school not PHEAA has not been paid. How do I get them to remove the levy? Do I make a payment arrangement and the accounts are unfrozen? How does this work?? :eek:

View more questions Search