Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    fire fairy Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jan 22, 2009, 09:04 PM
    Unpaid fines & warrents
    I live in Independence Missouri,I was unable to pay some traffic ticket fine so they went to warrant.The fines where only $700.00 But now that they went to warrant they say I owe $2800.00.Why the $2100.00 differents.and if I paid the fines($700.00) would I still have the warrents?

Thank you for any help.
    fire fairy Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jan 22, 2009, 09:09 PM
    Suspension of Drivers license
    Missouri,I have a unpaid "No Insurance ticket" that went to warrant.If I paid the FINE only would that stop my license from being suspended?
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jan 24, 2009, 12:55 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by fire fairy View Post
    Missouri,I have a unpaid "No Insurance ticket" that went to warrent.If I paid the FINE only would that stop my license from being suspended?

The problem now isn't just the unpaid ticket. You would also have to appear on the warrant and then the Court will decide on the punishment.

And this also applies: "Any vehicle driver whose driver license is suspended for failing to show proof of insurance must maintain liability insurance on his or her vehicle for a period of three years following the end of the suspension. The driver must file this proof of insurance with the Department of Revenue during this three-year period. If the driver fails to provide this proof, the Driver and Vehicle Services Bureau will again suspend his or her driver license. The suspension will remain in effect for the remainder of the three years unless the driver refiles the proof of insurance."
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jan 24, 2009, 01:30 PM

Its not unusual for interest or surcharges to be added when one fails to pay. Whether they will accept a settlement or not, I hve no idea.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Finding arrest Warrents [ 21 Answers ]

Can anyone tell me where to go online, by state, or nationwide, to find out if a person has a warrant out for their arrest. Free. Thanks

I have warrents for my arrest [ 17 Answers ]

I have two outstanding felonie warrents from the state of Illinois for my 5th and 6th DUI's. I also have 3 other misdeminor warrents from the same state. I left the country but was wondering if I ever come back to a different state since I am a U.S. citizen will they stop me from entering the...

Warrents for arrest [ 3 Answers ]

How does a person find out if someone has a arrest warrant?:confused:

Warrents out of California [ 5 Answers ]

I would like 2 know if I have any warrents?

Warrents-what to do? [ 7 Answers ]

Two year ago I got three tickets, two for minor in possession and one for driving with a beginners permit. I was unable to appear in court for the tickets, for I live in another state, and I was unable to pay the fines at the time. Because I was unable to pay the tickets bench warrants were posted...

View more questions Search