Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Patricia3 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 24, 2008, 08:53 AM
    Birth Certificate Rights
    My boyfriend and I just had a baby. I did not add his name to the birth certificate and he wants me to add him to it giving our child my last name and his last name. Can he come take her from me anytime he wants if I do this? We both live in Florida he lives in a different part of Florida but I just want to make sure I am safe if I put his name on it
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jul 24, 2008, 08:54 AM
    You get his name added and go to court and file for a custody agreement order from the Judge then stick to that.
    George_1950 Posts: 3,099, Reputation: 236
    Ultra Member

Jul 24, 2008, 08:56 AM
    Amending the name on the birth certificate should have no bearing upon your complete custody of the baby; it's just that he has 'equal' custody with you until you get an order from a court setting forth rights and obligations of custody, visitation, and support.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Fathers rights if not on birth certificate [ 13 Answers ]

I have a 3 month old baby and I chose not to put her dad on the birth certificate. He is not in our lives and I want to keep it that way just in case he tried to be involved.. Do I need to make him sign away rights if he isn't even on the birth certificate?

Can a minor birth mother's parents relinquish rights to the birth father? [ 5 Answers ]

Hello, Here's the situation: the soon-to-be birth mother is 16, still living with her parents and attending school. The birth father is 18, still lives with his parents but has a job and is generally responsible. The parents of the birth mother want her to put the baby up for adoption and move on...

My son needs a Birth Certificate and a SSN# [ 2 Answers ]

I am trying to obtain a birth certificate and a social security number for my son. I have been trying since he was born a year ago. I had no prenatal care throughout my pregnancy, I delivered my son by myself at my home with no witnesses. I then was going to give my son up for adoption, but after I...

Birth certificate [ 5 Answers ]

My situation is that when I was 18 years old I was told by a person that was a family friend that the lady who raised me was not my mother. He said he did not know who was my mother but he knew she was not my mother because she told him she was not my mother but did not go into detail. She denied...

Rights of a father not listed on birth certificate [ 3 Answers ]

I live in Louisiana and am pregnant with my first child. The father of the baby has expressed no interest in the baby and will not be listed on the birth certificate. What rights, if any will he have even if he isn't listed on the birth certificate?

View more questions Search