Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ladyfishbone79 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 13, 2015, 07:49 AM
    Regular Employees
    Is it legal to have regular floor employees help HR go through other employee's open enrollment forms to see if they have made changes? All of our personal information is on there?
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Nov 13, 2015, 08:05 AM
    It may or may not be legal. But it is totally unethical.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 13, 2015, 06:12 PM
    They can make any employee a "temp" HR helper if they want to. What personal information is the concern?

There are no real Federal laws (in US) their may be state laws, but this would be no different than them hiring temp workers from a agency, outside the company.
    (I guess strangers looking at your personal information is better?)
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Nov 13, 2015, 08:01 PM
    HR is just another department in most companies, and subject to the same manning policies as all the other departments of the company. Not at all illegal or unethical unless there is more to this story than written.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Dish Network DVR, regular TV and regular DVD player [ 0 Answers ]

How are we suppose to hook up our regular TV to our Dish Network DVR and our DVD player? We also have a regular VCR. Can anyone help me figure out all these red, yellow, and white cords and where they all go!! Thanks.

Is it legal to change full-time employees into part-time employees? [ 7 Answers ]

I would like to know how legal could be changing emplyees' schedulles without notice them before. I was working 40 hours each week since I started in my present job. They have been decreasing the number of hours for some employees. At this moment I'm working 32 hours each week, with 3 days off....

Employees ganging up on other employees [ 1 Answers ]

I am an owner of a small hotel, I have been informed today that the housekeeping staff are planning to 'make' the new front of house person leave because they don't like her pointing out things that they are not doing, which they are supposed to be doing. How do I deal with it? If this does...

View more questions Search