Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    honeyroasted314 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 25, 2008, 08:42 AM
    Trying to get out of house
    I hope I'm in the right area to ask this question but my fiancé bought a hud home about 2 years ago with 2 other guys in Ohio. They agreed that they would stay for 2 years and then part ways. One of the guys is the primary name on the mortgage and my fiancé is the cosigner. Since the agreement was made the two roommates have decided that they want to stay instead of move but my fiancé wants out. Is there anyway to get out of the house if they don't want to sell it? Or rather can he get his name off the house so that we can move? Thanks for your help.
    progunr Posts: 1,971, Reputation: 288
    Ultra Member

Jul 25, 2008, 08:44 AM
    The mortgage will have to be refinanced into the names of the two that want to stay.

That is the only way to remove his obligation.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jul 25, 2008, 08:47 AM
    Besides how the mortgage is listed what about the deed on the property? If you fiancée is on the deed, then along with the other two, then they need to buy him out. He sells his share to the other two. If its just the name on the mortgage then you you just need to refinance. If he is on the deed AND the mortgage, then you need to do both.
    Dr D Posts: 698, Reputation: 127

Jul 25, 2008, 10:25 AM
    Just an addition to the previous posts. If the mortgage on the property is an FHA loan, then a refinance is not necessary, unless it is to get a better rate. The two remaining co-borrowers can do a "full qualifying assumption" of the existing (FHA only) loan, and thereby remove the third party. Contact the mortgage company and request an assumption package. The cost should be about $500 to the mortgage company plus title company charges. This should be much cheaper than a refinance.:)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My house trained dog has recently began going in the house. [ 1 Answers ]

My dog has recently began going to the bathroom in my house and I don't understand why. Could he be mad at me? I just started a new 8-5 job and I started keeping him in the bathroom while I'm at work. I use to keep him outside, but it's cold and I always worry that he's freezing while I'm gone. I...

Owner of the House Lost House While We're Still Paying Him Rent [ 1 Answers ]

I'm currently going through a somewhat messy situation.. My husband and I moved into this house in Victorville about 2 and a half years ago. The house was perfect and the rent was suitable and our 5 kids loved the neighborhood and their new schools. Well about three weeks ago this man had came over...

Could ghosts jump from house to house? [ 20 Answers ]

Hello, I am looking to purchase a lot and build a new house. I "googled" the name of the road where the lot is to and 10 web links came up for that road being one of the most haunted places in CT. It reads that there is a "white lady" that is in one of the houses on the road. She is not a mean...

View more questions Search