Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    terryjr Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

Jan 4, 2012, 05:26 PM
    Are people in the program allowed to have cell phones to harass other people
    Are people that are in the program allowed to have a cell phone to harass and threaten innocent people
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jan 4, 2012, 05:28 PM
    What people in what program and where?

In general it is illegal to harass and threaten others, innocent or not.

Jan 4, 2012, 05:48 PM
    People that r in the witness protection program are they allowed to have cell phones and to text innocent people n harrass them
    Uber Member

Jan 4, 2012, 05:49 PM
    Yes, they are allowed to have cell phones.

And it's against the law to text "innocent people" (or, for that matter, guilty people) and harass them.

What's going on?

Jan 4, 2012, 05:54 PM
    Me and my husband are being harassed by a guy that is in the witness protection program and are scared for our lives the local authorities say they cannot help us
    Uber Member

Jan 4, 2012, 06:24 PM
    Then contact the Feds - OR change your phone number OR both.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jan 4, 2012, 06:27 PM
    Just curious as to how you know this person is in witness protection? And why and how is he harassing you?

Jan 4, 2012, 06:37 PM
    Long story the cops told us that he is in witness protection plan he is harassing my husband through text messaging telling him that he will kill him if we don't give him what he wants he's really a sick person wanting me to do videos of me and another man performing sexual acts

Jan 4, 2012, 06:39 PM
    Umm no cop should tell you that. But go to the Federal Marshall's office. They administer the program. Tell them you don't care who the guy is you just want him to stop.

Jan 4, 2012, 06:39 PM
    How do I contact the feds my husband refuses to change his number he fears he will show up here and harm us he already has beaten my husband up he knows everything about us I'm sure he has mafia ties

Jan 4, 2012, 06:41 PM
    Where would the federal marshals office be in pa

Jan 4, 2012, 06:51 PM
    U.S. Marshals Home Page

Jan 4, 2012, 07:28 PM
    Thank you for your help
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 4, 2012, 07:47 PM
    I will add, sorry, no local police officer would or could ever know if someone is in the witness protection program, Even state police will not know, There is nothing in their new ID that will ever tell something.

Some officer was either lying to you or messing with you for some reason.

Only the Federal Marshal service ( and not all of them) will know who witness protection people are ( in the federal program)

So no this man is not in the witness protection program, because if he was and anyone knew, their life would be worthless, and marked for death,

If he was in the "mob" before, he is hiding from them and for him to do anything to bring attention would bring death to him.

If he told the officers that, he was just lying to them to sound big.

File a police report against him. If the police will not do anything, go to the DA.

But also just don't answer the phone if he calls.

Jan 5, 2012, 04:13 AM
    One other point to add. The Marshalls, will not give you any information. They will neither confirm nor deny anything about this person. They will take your information and they will investigate. But you will probably not know if any action is taken except maybe the guy will stop calling.

Jan 5, 2012, 04:50 AM
    We tried telling the cops that he is harassing us the da won't do anything about it I don't know its frustrating that they won't help us but I will contact the federal marshalls and try to get it to stop he doesn't call us he texts my husband and threatens him with everything from killing him to taking our kids

Jan 5, 2012, 04:51 AM
    Do I need to know his full name I only know his first name

Jan 5, 2012, 06:04 AM
    I'm very surprised that nothing is being done. If you have texts that show threats, the police or DA should help. I would go up the line with your local police or DA and demand that action be taken. If you are still not getting anything, go to the media and tell them you are being ignored by the police.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Jan 5, 2012, 06:37 AM
    Hello t:

US Marshals Service: (202) 307-9100. They administer the program...

But, I promise you, this guy ISN'T in that program.. The cops LIED to you. Think about it. If the guy was REALLY in witness protection, the cop wouldn't know it.

excon

Jan 5, 2012, 07:26 AM
    I agree with excon, so the question now becomes WHY did the police officer lie to you? I think you need, as I suggested, take this up the line. Something doesn't sound right.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Network of people paid to follow people around to cures, evil eye etc. [ 3 Answers ]

I am being followed every where by complete strangers for a while now, they try to evil eye me and some even come up to me and try to talk to me while they are trying to cast spells on me, sometimes they will spray some kind of weird fragrance around me. NO I AM NOT CRAZY. I spoke to a friend of...

Finding people from cell phone number Look ups [ 1 Answers ]

Ok I have metro pcs.and early this year I would say about February my whole phone book was deleted by mistake.and out of the whole list there is about three people I would love to talk to again.even some who as recent two mounths ago.I was wondering if you guys knew anything about getting a call...

Repo people used my cell phone [ 2 Answers ]

I'll keep this short and sweet… My car was repo'd… My cell phone fell out of my pocket as I was getting my personal belongings out ( I didn't realize this until the recovery people were gone)…. Got my car and phone back BUT I just looked at my phone bill and the night they took my car/phone there...

View more questions Search