Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bogartkellyhepburn8 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 28, 2007, 10:44 AM
    Shoplifting sentencing
    Okay so here it goes:
    I went shopping with my friends and we of course tried to take some things from kohls. It was the first time I have ever taken anything and I am a minor. So we got caught outside in the parking lot and we had to call our parents and they are pressing charges. The only thing is that the man from loss prevention counted the prices of the things we took as the original prices, not the sale prices so our "almost takings" were nearly doubled each. Anyway, I have court this week coming up and this has destroyed my family pretty much. I mean I get good grades, I am active in church, and girlscouts. I just don't know why and I was wondering if anyone knows what will happen in court. Most likely I will get a misdemeanor charge, but does anyone know if a suspended charge like community service and a fine will be likely at all?

Thanks.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 28, 2007, 12:34 PM
    There will be a fine and most likely probation. Some Juv judges do a shock treatment to send you somewhere for a week then probation.
    At least in our area.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Shoplifting? [ 9 Answers ]

Ok, So I'm trying to remail calm and composed as I type this... I'm currently at work and cannot leave to deal with this situation until later tonight. So I just heard from my mom that a family member (of legal age) of mine has been arrested (as is in jail) as I type this for shoplifting. For...

Sentencing after trial [ 3 Answers ]

After your trial and they sentence you to jail, at what point do you go. Immediately? Or do you have time to get affairs in order once you know the length of stay?

Sentencing under the recidivism Statute [ 3 Answers ]

Must a defendant be first indicted under the recidivism statute in order to be sentenced under the recidivism statute? Or may the district attorney request the defendant be sentenced under the recidivism statute after indictment and before trial? (The actual timing the defense received the notice...

Jail Sentencing [ 1 Answers ]

I served on a juror on a trial. I was one of the people not voting the majority. In other words I feel sorry for the young man on trial. What is the sentence for a prison inmate in Oregon, Oregon State Penitentiary, for possession of a sharp object that could be used as a weapon? The inmate...

Jail Sentencing [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I have a friend who is in jail. She was put on an ACD in April of last year (for a year) for beating up her sister, because her sister pressed charges against her. But in November she broke her ACD by beating up her sister again and was sent to jail. She has been in there ever since (4 months)....

View more questions Search