Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Crypto Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 16, 2007, 07:34 AM
    80's British children's television show?
    Hi

I have been trying to recall the name of a British children's show from the 1980's which was about a very head strong bad little girl (possibly an orphan) in a boarding school.

One particular episode I remember had her being taught woodwork and she made herself a wooden samurai sword to weak havoc with.

For some reason the name Angela Atkins strikes a bell but that may just be my mind playing tricks on me.

This would have been made around the same time a Metal Mickey I think I used to watch them after each other on Australian TV
    70ssue Posts: 14, Reputation: 1

Nov 19, 2007, 05:55 AM
    I remember a kids show from the 80's called Marmalade Atkins. It was on ITV, I think.
    Crypto Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 19, 2007, 09:57 PM
    That's it I think No wonder I was thinking of the name Atkins. Thanks it's been driving me mad.
    dance3113 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 22, 2008, 01:20 AM
    Hello
    This show was called Educating Marmalade

Marmalade was a very naughty girl - each episode was about her parents attempts to educate her at different schools - Marmalade always mucked up and in the end was always expelled.
    I think the episode you referred to was one in which she had been sent to a convent school - not sure about the sword bu I do remember her locking the "nuns" in the naughty cupboard and causing problems with a live snake. Marmalade's last name was Atkins - her parents were very rich - parents only bought things from Harrods

I loved this show - the actress went on to Four Weddings and a Funeral - she was Hugh Grants flat mate - I heard that the actress had actually died from I believe an asthma attack

Annabel

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

80's/90's television show [ 2 Answers ]

OK I need to know a name of a show that had I believe 4 guys(real I think) who kind of looked like kiss, they wore make-up and had different colored hair like blue green and red and I'm pretty sure they would sing too. If you have any idea of the show name please tell!:)

Early 80's children's live action show [ 7 Answers ]

There is a show I remember seeing once when I was 5, it must have been 1983 or 84. All I remember is it was a live action kids show, not a cartoon, where grown men were in like butterfly costumes including tights. Does this ring a bell with anyone?

80's children's show, need to know [ 5 Answers ]

I have a couple of questions regarding two kid's shows I have been trying to find forever! Does anyone know where I can find The Tale of the Bunny Picnic? I've been looking all over the internet on where I can find it to buy. It's about this little rabbit (Bean) who is always pretending to be...

British TV show about collecting 7 of something [ 1 Answers ]

I am trying to figure out the name of a TV show that aired in Australia, but I think it was British. It was about a girl that had to go on adventures to recover 7 of different things - like 7 rings. There was a difference episode for each of the lot that she collected. There was an older woman...

Children's television?it's got me stumped [ 4 Answers ]

I remember a show about a department store and a manaquin (male) that would come to life when the store closed... if anyone remembers the name of this show please tell me

View more questions Search