Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    this8384 Posts: 4,564, Reputation: 485
    Ultra Member

Oct 3, 2011, 02:28 PM
    Admin password for XP Pro
    We recently got a computer that has Windows XP Professional installed on it. The only account on the startup page is "Administrator" and it has a password - we don't know the password and the person we got the computer from doesn't know the password.

Is there a way to reset or change the admin password? I found a possible way to do it but it requires using the "Guest" account; there isn't even a "Guest" account listed so I have no idea how to get past the startup page at this point.
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Oct 3, 2011, 02:30 PM
    Really the only way round this is a reinstall of the OS.
    You'll need either the restore disc for this machine model or a Win Xp install CD.
    slico79 Posts: 10, Reputation: 2

Oct 7, 2011, 06:41 AM
    Hehehe... before trying CurlyBen's suggestion, have you tried asking for the password from where you get the computer?
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Oct 7, 2011, 06:44 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by slico79 View Post
    hehehe... before trying CurlyBen's suggestion, have you tried asking for the password from where you get the computer?
    Psst
    we don't know the password and the person we got the computer from doesn't know the password.
    Hence my suggestion ;)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Win xp pro admin pass [ 2 Answers ]

I changed my admin password and then I didn't use my computer for a while and now I can't remember it, but I don't want to have to reboot and loose all my stuff. I got to safe mode but then I needed to know the password to disable the password and make a new one.? Is there a way for me to just...

Remove password from a zip folder I created & added a password to in XP Pro? [ 0 Answers ]

Any way to remove the password that I created to protect my desktop folder in XP Pro after I made it a zip file & created the password?

Lost Admin Password [ 10 Answers ]

Once again, my brother has lost his password to the admin account on his computer, he doesn't remember what he changed it too. The computer is an acer And it has vista, is there anyway to get back on it?

Admin password [ 1 Answers ]

Forgot administrator password, so unable to log in, system is on workgroup and os is windows xp prof. but lan is disabled.

View more questions Search