Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    techmom7312 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 28, 2009, 04:25 PM
    Thermostat Wiring - what to do with Y2 wire
    My Honeywell TH6220 thermostat quit working and I purchased a Honeywell RTH6400 Thermostat. The old thermostat has a Y2 wire. What should I do with it on the RTH6400? It only has G, W (O/B) Y, R, and RC. The installation guide says nothing about what to do with Y2. Any help is appreciated.
    siberianair Posts: 360, Reputation: -4

Jun 28, 2009, 05:27 PM

Take the thermostat back and get the right one...
    Does your condensing unit have a two stage compressor or a high and low? If not the y2 is not needed.
    What kind of unit and seer do you have?
    dac122 Posts: 463, Reputation: 17

Jun 29, 2009, 02:02 PM

The 6400 is a simpler thermostat that doesn't support the extra heating/cooling stages the 6220 did. Take it back and find something that will support the same capabilities.

If not sure what thermostat to go with just post back.
    mygirlsdad77 Posts: 5,713, Reputation: 339
    Plumbing Expert

Jun 29, 2009, 04:22 PM

Try the honeywell pro 6000, it is a 2 stage heat, 2 stage cool stat. It will work with single stage or two stage systems.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Wiring new thermostat. I do not have 24V on Red Wire? [ 2 Answers ]

I am trying to replace our original thermostat (2 years old) with a new one which has multiple programmed on/off times. The original wiring had the following wires : W, O, G, R, C (black), Y. The new thermostat has the following terminals: G, RC,RH,Y/O, W/B, Y1 Any suggestions on how to...

Thermostat wiring hunter 4 wire [ 3 Answers ]

I need help wiring a 4 wire system red green blue and white. I am trying to wire a hunter thermostat and have a forced gas furnace/ac unit. I put red to rh with a jumper from rh to rc and green to g and white to w and blue to Y1. It will not work. Please help any info would be appreciated. It...

Wiring new thermostat with B wire, also g,and w [ 1 Answers ]

Have an old Robertshaw Energy Manager thermostat. It has a three wires connected: a G/F, a W/H/4, and one attached to B. There is also a jumper between R/RH/5 to Rc. There is no R wire. I need to wire my new Honeywell RTH6300B and don't know where the B wire goes. It has the G/F, W/O/B, Y, R, and...

4 wire thermostat wiring [ 5 Answers ]

I just purchased a Hunter 44660 thermostat. I have four wirers coming to the thermostat Red Green White Blue Options to wire to stat Y1 RH RC1 RC

Wiring a 2 wire thermostat to a 4 wire system [ 1 Answers ]

I have a gas furnace equipped with central air.The compressor is shot in the AC unit,and I needed to replace the thermostat so I bought a heating only thermostat.I have the blower and the w wires together on the w terminal designation and the rh on the r terminal designation, and I have the y wire...

View more questions Search