Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    amanadajadexo Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 17, 2010, 06:57 AM
    Are there any products that prevent the sun from lightening DARK dyed hair?
    So I dyed my hair dark brown which turned out black but that's okay cause I really like it. Which also means that I don't want it to lighten in the sun. I go out in the sun a lot to tan so I put it all in a hat but like are their any products that can be used for when I go to the beach in the summer that won't lighten my hair as fast?

I also use tres emme 40 washes color protection shampoo & conditioner.
    OH and the hair dye is permanent dye so does that affect anything either?

I really want it to last as long as possiblee!
    justcurious55 Posts: 4,360, Reputation: 790
    Ultra Member

May 17, 2010, 12:51 PM

I have the same problem. I've found that the less often I wash my hair, the longer the color will last, even when I am in the sun a lot. But eventually, the sun always wins :( but not washing it every day helps

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Well to start my natural hair color is dark brown.. but I dyed my hair black 6 mon [ 1 Answers ]

Well to start my natural hair color is dark brown.. but I dyed my hair black 6 months ago.. before that I had always dyed my hair light colors and had highlighted it couple times... I went to the salon yesterday and highlighted my hair.. hoping to change my hair color from really dark back to...

Hair dyed Too Dark [ 2 Answers ]

I was supposed to get base color/ light brown with highlights. Way too dark, how do I lighten or get it to fade - fast

Lightening hair with Sun-In. Any ideas? [ 1 Answers ]

About a month ago I had my hair stripped from a jet black to a reddy colour costing £45 from the hairdressers. The next day I went out and bought some semi brown hair dye and it went almost black again, its now lightened to about lightish darkish brown :confused: Basically I am going on holiday...

Dyed hair lightening [ 2 Answers ]

I have dyed my hair to a permanent dark brown and now I want to lighten it. How do I do that without bleaching it.

Lightening dyed dark hair [ 2 Answers ]

If I dye my (dark blonde) hair to a dark brown, then decide I don't like it can I lighten it? Going to the hairdressers is not a problem, but I don't like my natural colour as dark blonde just isn't for me, so its either dark brown or a light blonde:) Also will my hair get very damaged by...

View more questions Search