Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    orange Posts: 1,364, Reputation: 197
    Ultra Member

Jan 4, 2006, 11:56 AM
    Game from Reflexive Arcade will not run
    I downloaded a game called Mystery Case Files Huntsville from reflexive.com, and it installs properly, but when I try to run it, I get the blue screen of death and it says something like, "a fatal exception error has occurred and the application will be terminated". I'm just curious if it's something wrong with my computer, or if the game file itself is corrupt. I've tried downloading and installing / reinstalling several times. I have all of the system requirements listed.

Please don't respond with, "you can download Mystery Case Files at another site". I know that. I'm just curious as to why my computer won't accept this particular version of the game. I've downloaded other games from RA with no problem. Any ideas?
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Jan 4, 2006, 12:28 PM
    The only help I find about it is that many RA games require the most recent version of DirectX to run properly. Have you checked to be sure your DX is the latest version?
    Ultra Member

Jan 4, 2006, 12:31 PM
    Thanks Rick. I have version 9 of DirectX, which I thought was the latest version? But it could be there is something wrong with it... I will try that avenue anyway and let you know if it works out! :)
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Jan 4, 2006, 12:35 PM
    They just did a new version last month. It doesn't show a version number, but Version "December 2005".
    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en

Hope it works for you!
    Ultra Member

Jan 4, 2006, 12:39 PM
    OH okay! Thanks Rick I will definitely try this brand new version!
    Ultra Member

Jan 4, 2006, 08:06 PM
    :(
    Well I tried installing that newer version of DirectX, but it still does not work.
    Guess I will just give up for now...

In the off chance that you or anyone else thinks of anything else that could be wrong... I noticed that after the blue screen of death thingie, if I try to open the game again, it tells me that I already have a game running and tells me to close it. This doesn't resolve itself until I restart the computer.

Anyway thanks for trying to help Rick!
    aladdin455 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 24, 2006, 06:41 AM
    You can also check if you have the last version of your grafic card and you to download it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Reflexive arcade games [ 4 Answers ]

This post is about games, but it concerns a older PC that I'm currently using as the "kids computer", so I'm asking in here. I asked a similar question a couple of months back but didn't find a solution. I have several games that I downloaded and purchased from Reflexive Arcade, but I'm not...

Poker Game in KY [ 5 Answers ]

I currently run a private social poker league which, in my interpretation of KY law is legal as I do not profit or advance other than in the capacity of a player. (see .010: http://www.lrc.ky.gov/KRS/528-00/CHAPTER.HTM) However, I do have cost for supplies and the such to run my games, in which I...

I need help with game aggresiveness [ 4 Answers ]

Hey. I'm a gr 9 playing on an all gr 9 team. I play community ball as well. Community team is doing well, they say I'm doing good on post. My school 9 team is saying that I isn't aggressive. Its only one game in and they're acting likes its all my fault we lost. But I want to be more aggressive,...

Game help [ 3 Answers ]

I have this nascar sim racing game I play all the time, now I'm get something that say's the following. We have encountered a problem with sim racing, and it must be shut down. Thank you [email protected]

View more questions Search