Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jozzy Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Jun 23, 2013, 04:59 PM
    Intercaste marriage
    My father is against intercaste marriage. I and my boyfriend belong to different caste but of the same level. We both are dentist. Financially we are from different level. Both f us preparing fr higher studies so we both don't earn. My father have a issue on the grounds that he is intercaste, financially below our level(but he is also rich), he don't earn,my huge (joint) family won't accept him. Etc
    I'm d only child. We have a discussion on this topic several times but he is not ready. He is upset, angry and even willing to bring another child (adoption) if I go against him. What shul I do. I love my boyfriend and cnt live without him. I love my parent as well. Cnt even imagine my world without them.
    I know I have to choose one... but I'm in a grt dilema how to convince my father
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Jun 23, 2013, 05:31 PM
    You keep asking this question over and over... you already had 4 answers on your original thread... and mods deleted several other ones you created.

You have two choices... do what you want and upset your parents... or listen to your parents and find someone they agree with.

You can't have everything you want in life... welcome to the adult world... you have to decide who you are going to upset... because you can't make everyone happy.

Jun 23, 2013, 05:36 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by smoothy View Post
    You keep asking this question over and over....you already had 4 answers on your original thread...and mods deleted several other ones you created.

You have two choices...do what you want and upset your parents....or listen to your parents and find someone they agree with.

You can't have everything you want in life....welcome to the adult world....you have to decide who you are going to upset...because you can't make everyone happy.
    Is there any way to convince my parents?
    Uber Member

Jun 23, 2013, 05:39 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jozzy View Post
    is there any way to convince my parents?
    Only you know them well enough... some can't be... a few only if you can make a good enough argument to convince them... however only you know if its going to be incredibly difficult or impossible.

Your parents see things you can't... because you are in lust... you are blind to many things they see wrong.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jun 23, 2013, 05:39 PM
    is there any way to convince my parents?
    No. You are going to have to choose -- boyfriend or family.
    Uber Member

Jun 23, 2013, 05:40 PM
    Yes... odds are she will have to choose who she upsets... very rarely do we as adults get to have it both ways...

Jun 23, 2013, 05:57 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by smoothy View Post
    Yes.....odds are she will have to choose who she upsets....very rarely do we as adults get to have it both ways....
    I chose my boyfriend. But the thing is that I'm d only child. So my parent are emotionally blackmailing me. Sm times they are angry. Sm times they curse me and my boyfriend . I have given every single details f my boyfriend to get them verified but they didn't do.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jun 23, 2013, 06:08 PM
    Your parents are set in their ways, in tradition, and maybe will come around a bit once there are grandchildren, but also may never accept him as your husband.

Please do not text.

Jun 23, 2013, 06:14 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    Your parents are set in their ways, in tradition, and maybe will come around a bit once there are grandchildren, but also may never accept him as your husband.

Please do not text.
    Thanks. Fr your suggestion... I am set. What I have to do. Let time heals evry thing...
    Uber Member

Jun 23, 2013, 06:19 PM
    thanx. fr ur suggestion.... i am set. wht i have to do. let time heals evry thing......
    TIme doesn't heal everything... there are some things that never heal... and many people that never forget...

Life will be hard without your parents. And odds are you go against them.. and you will get no help form them. That's the reality of life... everyone doesn't have to like.. accept or agree with the actions you choose... and the actions you take... are actions you have to accept the responsibilities and costs for making them. As an adult you are not entitled to having someone save you when you make mistakes like they did when you were a child.

Jun 23, 2013, 09:56 PM
    I will consider that also. Lets see what time and fortune unfold for me.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Is the marriage between a brahmin and bhumihar intercaste marriage ? [ 0 Answers ]

Is the marriage between a Bhumihar and a person with Pathak as the title(Probably a Brahmin by caste) an intercaste marriage ?

Intercaste marriage [ 0 Answers ]

Presently my daughter wish to marry an intercaste boy being the fall of love. At first the mother of the boy said the matter of money is secondary only while their son s wish of selecting a partner is priority. Both family except the father were met and finalised marriage betrothal by oct 18. 2012....

Intercaste marriage [ 2 Answers ]

Hi friends!I am having a love with a NAIDU person but I am not a naidu. I am in critical condition.our love came to known by their family and they pressured by lovable person to leave me by emotional tricks even he is a matured and in very good position.even they spoked me and requested not to...

Intercaste-marriage [ 4 Answers ]

Hi sir I'm a muslim boy and I love hindu girl. She loves me more then me . We want to marry but her parents is not agree for this... and she is not go against to his parents . *** help me what can I do

View more questions Search