Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bjgherc Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 19, 2005, 02:15 PM
    Emergency loans
    Lost my job, unemployment ran out, discharged bankruptcy, drained savings and 401k, being divorced, going through depression. I need a personal loan of some sort or one from an organization that assists those in this type of situation. Of course looking for job as I write this. Help.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 19, 2005, 03:53 PM
    Loan
    There are in some areas groups that help with housing assistance, the ones I know of work though social services and/or local church groups.
    I don't know what is available in your area. The ones here help with one or two months rent ( paid to the landlord not the renter)

I would start by talking to your local service worker, ( assume you have opened a case by this point) IF you are religious, talk to the pastor,priest or rabbi of your church. Some denominations offer a lot more help than others.

And don't forget to look to family or friends if you can.

You may check into some of the day labor places, often you get get a few hours of work each day and sometimes more. Even temp agencies are good to try.
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Dec 20, 2005, 06:12 AM
    Check your yellow pages for Social Services.

Also, look in the White pages for
    Lutheran Social Services, and
    Catholic Social Services.

Finally, check at your County Level... call the main number for your County offices and ask them if there are offices of the County that help with this sort of thing.

I hope you can get through this with as little pain and suffering as possible - and wish you a Blessed and Merry Christmas, bjgherc.
    jpalis Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Dec 20, 2005, 07:19 PM
    I work in a bank and I know that some banks offer accounts where you set up a due date and deposit a amount that is due like a loan and it helps with your credit report and then when you need a loan they see that on there and it improves your score. I don't know where you live but I used to work for Key Bank and I know they do that. Hope that helps.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Haircolor emergency [ 5 Answers ]

I just had my mom dye my hair using garnier 100% color in mahogany brown. This dye was made for naturally dark hair colors, which I figured is the right one for me since my hair's naturally black. My problem is the dye seemed to be concentrated in the crown of my head! Right now, it looks light...

Emergency COntraception, please HELP [ 8 Answers ]

Um, hi... :( I'm new to using contraception pills. I went to the local drug store and asked for emergency contraception pills. I know am supposed to take them within 5 days of sex... its been 2 days as yet. But these are 28 pills in this golden pack, Microgynon ED andthey are Birth control pills...

Camp Emergency [ 1 Answers ]

Well see I made Cheerleading at Brandenburg middle school in garland Texas and we go to camp to on June 16-19 at tcu and I so scard because I don't now what to do and what to bring??

What to do. Emergency! [ 1 Answers ]

Hey.. Its this girls b-day and I fought with this girl because she is big headed and she said that she would date me if she doesn't like the guy anymore.. so she is lineing me up.. so basically I got in a fight with her.. so what shall I do now.. how can I get her. shall I be an asshole.. and its...

View more questions Search