Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    juris159 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jun 28, 2010, 06:33 AM
    Dubai blacklisted
    My husband was arrested by immigration police in Qatar but no case was filed against him. Thinking that he had committed a criminal offense, his sponsor (company) terminated his employment. Upon paying all his bank loans, he was immediately deported back in our country but he was subjected to iris scan. He left Qatar last year without criminal record, no bank debts and he was even given a Certificate of Employment by his sponsor. Now he has a job offer in Dubai. Can he work in Dubai or any GCC ?
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jun 28, 2010, 07:02 AM

I don't know why he can't if he has no criminal record OR if he can get a visa. Why was he arrested and deported?
    juris159 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jun 28, 2010, 04:42 PM

Someone befriended him through internet chat. The said "friend" asked that they meet and he agreed. When they met, he was so shocked and surprised that he was being arrested and interrogated by the immigration police for things he did not commit. Since they can't prove him guilty and after spending for about two weeks inside the cell and with good behavior, he was freed from the deportation cell and allowed to stay out of the cell for a month while trying to raise the money to pay for his bank debts .

(My husband thinks someone who personally knows him was jealous of his position in his company and brought his name to the immigration police for surveillance)

My husband is 100% sure that no criminal charges was filed against him as there was no court hearing and he had not even been brought to court for trial.

Thanks for your reply Judy. You just don't know how you made me happy because this was a very traumatic experience for me and my family.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

American blacklisted in philippines can still petition his girlfriend? [ 22 Answers ]

Hi, I am a Filipina and my fiance' is American and he is planning to petition me in his country through fiance' visa but we are wondering if this is possible because he got blacklisted here in the philippines. Please anyone have an idea about our case, we really need your help. Thanks and...

Who can help blacklisted in uae? [ 2 Answers ]

After 1 year working in UAE, I've been deported because they found that I had syphilis. 2 months after there is a new law stating that who is positive in syphilis may qualified to stay in the country but must undergo treatment. My question, is there any possibilities for me to go back to uae now...

View more questions Search