Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dufrain Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 7, 2004, 08:21 PM
    Help Hot wheel down toilet!
    HELP! My son flushed a hot wheel down my up stairs bathroom toilet what do I do, can't see it?
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Dec 8, 2004, 07:18 AM
    Help Hot wheel down toilet!
    DO NOT USE THE TOILET OR FLUSH Until YOU CLEAR IT. It may be caught up in the bend of the trap. Try to hook it out with a bent coat hanger.
    If that don't get it try to push it out into the main or pull it back by augering the bowl. If you don't have a toilet auger purchase one at any hardware store. Unless you purchase a heavy duty professional closet auger they are all pretty much the same. I would buy one in the middle price range. This is a tool you will use again. There should be instructions with it but in case there isn't let me give you a few pointers. First pull out the crank and cable all the way and insert the hook under the lip at the bottom of the bowl. Now tilt the auger back to you and start cranking clockwise while pushing the cable down. The cable may be little hard at first, it has to go up and around the trap. When you have all the cable out the end will be a few inches below the floor line. Now pull the cable out and see what's on the auger tip. If nothing is on it don't worry too much. You might have pushed the clog on through. To test, AND THIS IS Important, Take the lid off the tank so that you can push the flapper down if it starts to over flow. Now load up the bowl with paper and flush, keeping your hand near the flapper just in case. Do this 4 or 5 times. Use plenty of paper, most of a roll. If there is anything still caught down there the paper will catch on it and start to back up. If that happens, run the auger down again to clear the paper and then work it back and forth. Put some muscle into it, you are trying to break up a plastic hot wheels. If you can't clear it that way then the stool will have to be pulled and all the water removed. Turning the toilet on its side go up from the bottom with a hooked clothshanger and try to pull it out. Good luck and thank you for rating my reply, TOM
    awendland Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 22, 2011, 07:33 PM
    Looks like your going in. :) Don't worry about gloves. They won't help since the car is down inside the toilet. As a last resort you may need to remove the toilet and take it out from under the bottom. :) Happy diving.
    massplumber2008 Posts: 12,832, Reputation: 1212
    Senior Plumbing Expert

Jan 23, 2011, 07:06 AM

Hi Awendland...

This post is from 2004 so I'm hoping that dufrain has the issue resolved by now... ;)

Check for dates in the upper left corner of each post so you can post on up to date threads, OK?

Mark
    hkstroud Posts: 11,929, Reputation: 899
    Home Improvement & Construction Expert

Jan 23, 2011, 07:30 AM

Yes, by now the hot wheel is out of gas and dufrain's son is driving the family sedan.
    (family sedan!! I'm really showing my age)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Lawn Mower Wheel Stuck? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi. I have a toro self-propelled mower. I was mowing today and all-of-a-sudden one of the wheel was stuck and would not move forward. Any thoughts?

Mower wheel locked [ 1 Answers ]

I have a toro self-propelled mower. I was mowing today and all-of-a-sudden the rear left wheel locked. Any ideas?

Tilt-wheel steering wheel problem [ 1 Answers ]

On my 1998 Buick Park Ave the tilt-wheel will no longer change positions. A couple of days ago I got in the car, adjusted the steering wheel and heard something Pop. Since then, the steering wheel will only stay in that position. Does anyone know how I might go about fixing this problem? ...

View more questions Search