Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tammygru Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 2, 2007, 09:49 PM
    I accidentally signed away custody by not reading final divorce draft can I retain it
    Hi, I live in NY I went through a long and expensive divorce proceeding including a forensic exam. And won custody but after it was won decided to give physcical custody to the father and share joint custody,but since I could not afford to pay the attorney, the agreed stip. Was not filed and 6 months later the father tricked me into signing what I thought to be the original stip.;however,it was not, but that I signed over custody.Now my 13yr old son is so unhappy and wants to live with me.Do I have a chance at getting it back?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 2, 2007, 11:16 PM
    There is always a chance, but you will need an attorney and go back to court
    macksmom Posts: 1,787, Reputation: 152
    Ultra Member

Nov 3, 2007, 06:18 AM
    Yes there is a chance, and your son is at an age that the judge may want to talk to him.

You need to get an attorney and get back in court.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

New york divorce/custody [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, I was wondering if anyone can tell me about getting a divorce in New York and custody... I wan't to know what does custody mean... I wan't my son to stay with me but have visitation from his father but that he will never take him without permission... what does this situtaion mean? ...

Joint Custody with "final say" [ 10 Answers ]

I am in a divorce situation in the state of Maryland, and my question is relative to custody. The paragraph in the separation and property settlement agreement is written in such a way that states joint legal custody between the parties with primary residential to wife and reasonable and liberal...

Divorce custody [ 2 Answers ]

This guy moved himself and his wife into her parents house from an apartment they were renting, thinking they would pay off some bills while with her parents, then get a home of their own. His wife now says she wants a divorice, their baby is 3 months old. I was reading if the father moves out of...

Divorce-joint custody [ 14 Answers ]

My husband and I are separated and will be proceeding for divorce, we have agreed on joint custody however the children's prime residency will be with there Mother, we have agreed children come first, however, my husband thinks joint custody means he will not have to pay child support , please...

View more questions Search