Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    green field pictures Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 17, 2008, 08:32 AM
    Does contract law apply to a verbal investoment contract.
    I am a Motion Picture Executive Producer.
    Can the Verbal Contract and Breach thereof be asserted to the Investor to incite his involvement and a written contract with a Breach Clause.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Feb 17, 2008, 08:40 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by green field pictures
    does contract law apply to a verbal investoment contract.
    Hello green:

You want to know if you can force your potential investor to shake loose some cash by threatening to sue him - with only a VERBAL agreement to back you up?

It would be my opinion that he'll tell you to stick it.

Would you win if you sued?? No. You need to prove your case. It's going to wind up being a "he said - she said" kind of thing, which proves nothing.

excon
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Feb 17, 2008, 10:41 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by green field pictures
    I am a Motion Picture Executive Producer. I have a potential investor that verbally obligated $2.3MM to our project to both my wife and myself. This was most recently by telephone and no chance for written verification was at hand.

On previous incidences, he asserted that he was still in and I created a contract outline with him and gave it to him. He then, in a private conference, said he was bringing in the funding the next day. This union was not possible.

After a disagreement on his practices, this has been four months long, we spoke by phone.
    this was the investor, my wife and my self. The investor told my wife he would be part of it and he told my he would be part of it. He has now gone back to the, "maybe", stage. Pre Production is scheduled to begin next month and he has put nothing on it.

Can the Verbal Contract and Breach thereof be asserted to the Investor to incite his involvement and a written contract with a Breach Clause.

With $2MM involved I do believe I'd involve an Attorney.
    haibi Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 12, 2012, 08:23 PM
    As long as you can proof it that there is a legal agreement you will be fine.
    My wife filed a Temp. Protection order against me of which I got aware when I wanted to retrieve my belongings of our apartment. She stated to the police who where with me that if I give her a list she will get the things together...

There is a save site due to it was the law enforcement and the police write a report where it will be written in... Have a neutral person with the agreement and you will be fine...

Brown
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

May 12, 2012, 08:59 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by haibi View Post
    As long as you can proof it that there is a legal agreement you will be fine.
    My wife filed a Temp. Protection order against me of which I got aware when I wanted to retrieve my belongings of our apartment. She stated to the police who where with me that if I give her a list she will get the things together...

There is a save site due to it was the law enforcement and the police write a report where it will be written in... Have a neutral person with the agreement and you will be fine...

Brown
    What does your wife's temporary protective order have to do with the price of Pomegranates in Patagonia?

And the police would have nothing to do with an alleged investment contract either.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Lease without Written Contract. All verbal agreement [ 9 Answers ]

Hi, I'm currently renting from a person, who verbally agreed upon my lease and lease option to purchase. I moved into the home (Florida) last Septmber, with the understanding, within 2 years, I could either purchase the home, or continue to rent. So with this being said, I spent about $8k in...

Upon death of a seller in a real estate contract, how to get a buyer out of contract [ 23 Answers ]

In the state of Missouri, a seller in the middle of a sales contract died. The closing time is not yet lapsed and all the contingencies on the buyer side is fulfilled. There is will in place and an executor named for the estate already. The son (named executor) can not legally sign for the deceased...

Can a verbal contract trump a written contract [ 5 Answers ]

I gave a deposit to a contractor to do a bathroom remodel with a 3-day grace period written into the contract to get my deposit back. The time lapsed as I waited for my appt to meet with the contractor at his showroom to pick my bathroom supplies out. When we got to the showroom the contractor...

Non verbal contract? [ 1 Answers ]

What is a non verbal contract?

Verbal Contract [ 1 Answers ]

North Carolina My husband and Myself tried to help his daughter out by buying her house with the loan balance of $100,000. She could not make the payments as he and her husband were separated with no chance of going back together. She in return could move to my house which was paid for with her...

View more questions Search