Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    frankamb Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 9, 2004, 07:17 AM
    Hampton Bay Remote Control Installation
    I am trying to understand the installation procedures for installing a remote control into a Hampton Bay (Mod. 197 878) Grammercy Fan.
    The reomote receiver has a total of 6 wires. One is the antenna wire, and that speaks for itself. There are black, white and blue wires on one side, and I completely understand that they get conntected to the black, white, and blue wires coming from the fan into the junction box wiring.
    The problem I am having is that on the other side of the receiver there is a red and white wire. The instructions state that the "RED RECEIVER WIRE GOES TO THE RED SUPPLY WIRE", and the "WHITE RECEIVER WIRE GOES TO THE WHITE SUPPLY WIRE". I have 3 wires coming from my junction box (black, white and ground).
    Where do I connect these 2 (red and white) wires, or do they simply remain disconnected?
    Flickit Posts: 278, Reputation: 2

Apr 10, 2005, 07:39 AM
    If memory serves...
    Quote Originally Posted by frankamb
    I am trying to understand the installation procedures for installing a remote control into a Hampton Bay (Mod. 197 878) Grammercy Fan.
    The reomote receiver has a total of 6 wires. One is the the antenna wire, and that speaks for itself. There are black, white and blue wires on one side, and I completely understand that they get conntected to the black, white, and blue wires coming from the fan into the junction box wiring.
    The problem I am having is that on the other side of the receiver there is a red and white wire. The instructions state that the "RED RECEIVER WIRE GOES TO THE RED SUPPLY WIRE", and the "WHITE RECEIVER WIRE GOES TO THE WHITE SUPPLY WIRE". I have 3 wires coming from my junction box (black, white and ground).
    Where do I connect these 2 (red and white) wires, or do they simply remain disconnected?
    ... the red is connected to the hot (black) wire and the white to the white (neutral) wire. Be on the safe side and check with the outfit that sold it to you.
    usddoughboy Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 7, 2007, 04:42 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by frankamb
    The reomote receiver has a total of 6 wires. One is the the antenna wire, and that speaks for itself. There are black, white and blue wires on one side, and I completely understand that they get conntected to the black, white, and blue wires coming from the fan into the junction box wiring.

Can you please answer this question for me as well?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hampton Bay Remote Video/fan Remote Control [ 16 Answers ]

I have a Hampton Bay Video & Fan Remote Control (Model #UR8050T). It has been working fine for about 2 years until it recently began malfunctioning. It still operates the television, but the use of the fan/light features has stopped working. It will not turn the fan on or off, and the light is...

Installation manual for remote fan control [ 1 Answers ]

How do I get the installation manual for Harbor Breeze UC 9050T remote control? It got misplaced and the electrician needs information...

Hampton bay ceiling fan installation with remote [ 2 Answers ]

Hi There, So I successfully installed two ceiling fans that did not have remote controls. My house is prewired for the ceiling fan and it took a lot of re-reading of the instruction manual before I figured out that the extra wire (red) went to the blue fan wire, black to black, white to white,...

Hampton Bay Wireless Remote Installation [ 1 Answers ]

I've just installed a Hampton Bay Reddington IV ceiling fan, and I'm not sure about the directions to install the wireless remote. The remote has five wires coming out of it. 2 white (AC IN N, MOTOR N), 2 black (AC IN L, MOTOR L) and 1 blue (FOR LIGHT). However, I've only got 3 wires coming out...

View more questions Search