Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    LokiZee Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 28, 2009, 08:07 PM
    New Hot Water Heater Wire Panel Filling With Water From Tank
    I have recently installed a new electric hot water heater. I have connected all the wires properly, I have connected the piping in the correct manner, and filled the tank. I was about to flip my breaker to turn the water heater on, and noticed a little moister around the panel that the wires come out of the water heater. I removed the panel and it was full of water. I dried out the panel recess, I checked my pipes, and they were leak free, and then noticed the water was coming from the hole where the wires came from! Is my hot water heater a faulty buy? Is it broken? Did I do something wrong, and if not, if I flip my breaker, (which is of course a 240), will I kill myself? I haven't had any hot water for 4 days now and could really use some help!
    21boat Posts: 2,441, Reputation: 212
    Ultra Member

Jan 28, 2009, 08:29 PM

Something must may have happened in shipping or at the factory. If you are referring to the side panels where the heating element is then I would turn off heater and tighten the 4 bolts diagonally that the element goes to. The seal there may not be 100% tight when they put the heating elements in from factory or it's a bad seal
    Get back and let me know

Signed 21 Boat

If I Helped To Answer Your Question Please Rate My Answer
    stanfortyman Posts: 5,598, Reputation: 279
    Electrical & Lighting Expert

Jan 29, 2009, 04:52 AM
    This is the strangest thing I have ever heard.

The first thing I would have done is look in the wiring compartment at the top of the water heater. Did you do that and was it dry?

I think you have a problem with the unit or a plumbing problem.

FOUR days? I would have called in a plumber by now. I like hot showers.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Filling up a discharging water tank [ 1 Answers ]

10m3 volume of water of pump pressure of 3m3/hr is being transferred from tank A to tank B. if the capacity of tank B is 5m3 and its being discharged simultaneously at rate of 1m3/hr. How long will it take tank B to get filled up?

Toilet Tank not filling after hot water heater fix! [ 1 Answers ]

Folks after changing out the element in my hot water heater today (which involved shutting off the water to the heater, draining and refilling it) one of my toilets will not fill the tank after a flush. Any ideas what can be causing this? Thank you.

Rainsoft Water Softener - Salt tank not filling with water? [ 1 Answers ]

Put a bag of salt in my softener today and it appeared to be way over the brine level. Checked on it a few hours later and still had dry pellets on top. Manually regenerated the system - no fill. Letting it go through its cycle now, but wondering if there's something I'm overlooking. There's...

New pressure tank not filling with water [ 1 Answers ]

I installed a new submersible pump and a new 80 gallon pressure tank. Checked the pump out before hooking everything up and seems to be working fine. Hooked up the new pressure tank using the T with the pressure gauge on the left(facing the tank) and a pressure gauge on the right in the 1/4 inch...

Water tank not filling up [ 3 Answers ]

Today, we changed our kitchen sink. We drained the system, connected new taps,sink. Put water back on - first time ever no leaks. So off for a bath! We have no hot water.Having connected the cold valve on the washing machine to the valve on the hot water tap etc. we had a small amount of hot water...

View more questions Search