Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    NorPlan Posts: 425, Reputation: 3

May 30, 2015, 04:08 AM
    Severe Allergic Reaction to Beef Jerky..
    Curious is All.. Have a Friend who has an Appetite for Beef Jerky.. Shortly after consuming part of the package contents he starts developing what comes out like a severe allergic reaction.. Sneezing , Soreness in his Chest and So On.. Any Idea what could be Triggering this Reaction.. The Beef Jerky comes from Virgil's Beef Jerky / Green Chile flavour.. Garlic Powder & Soya are part of the Ingrediants.. Thoughts Appreciated.. Thanks
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

May 30, 2015, 06:04 AM
    Does he have any other allergies?
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

May 30, 2015, 09:02 AM
    Your friend could be allergic to any or all the ingredients in the beef jerky, and everybody is allergic to something, or MANY things. Now they know so avoid beef jerky.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

May 30, 2015, 12:06 PM
    Check the country of origin and answer back, or google jerky from that country.
    PET jerky from China has poisoned many dogs.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 30, 2015, 09:59 PM
    It can be one. Or a combination of things, that is where doctors do testing to determine
    CravenMorhead Posts: 4,532, Reputation: 1065
    Adult Sexuality Expert

Jun 1, 2015, 06:58 AM
    Is it the first time he's ate this jerky? If not, is there something else new that he tried within that time frame?

Besides trial and error and a doctor's allergy panel, it is almost impossible to figure out what he reacted to.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Help for 6 year old's SEVERE allergic reaction. [ 1 Answers ]

My 6 year old had a severe allergic reaction and now has a very bad rash in her face, soooo red with oozing blisters. She has been prescribed an oral allergy medicine and an oral extra strength Benadryl, but is there anything I can put on her face? I am afraid it will scar.

Possibly allergic to roast beef flavored bone [ 2 Answers ]

I gave my dog a roast beef bone, and after about 2 minutes of sucking on it he started to rub his nose on his bed. I immediately took the bone away from him. He did a few breath grunts, but stopped rubbing his nose. Do you think it was the start of an allergic reaction. He did not injest the bone,...

Beef jerky [ 1 Answers ]

I have a dehydrator that I have made jerky with many times. The top has a grate or you can turn it and it has big holes. I need to leave the jerky in over night. I have 7 layers (trays) I'm thinking if I close it up (it doesn't close completely) there will be more heat and dry out quicker....

View more questions Search