dmgarvey Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 30, 2009, 02:19 PM
    Commercial Cleaning
    What is the average price per square foot for commercial cleaning estimates
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Jan 30, 2009, 02:44 PM

Hi, dmgarvey!

How much to charge would depend on a number of factors, so it would help to have some specifics as to what would be involved in the job.

We do have a person on this site who owns a large cleaning company in the Chicago, IL area. That would be Stringer. I'm going to alert him to your post.

Thanks!
    Stringer Posts: 3,733, Reputation: 770
    Business Expert

Jan 31, 2009, 08:34 AM

Good morning dmgarvey,

Thank you Clough.

I hope that we will be able to help you, but first Clough is right, we need more information. It is not as simple as just giving you an "average price per sq ft" there are way too many variables.

Please give us more tho go on;

Your geographical location/ city, etc.

Type of commercial building; warehouse, bank, medical, retail, manufacturing, office, etc.

Is there specialty work involved in this proposal?

What is the interior floor make up?

Are windows included?

Is snow removal or pressure washing involved at the entrances?

Etc...

Actually, the price is also influenced by how many days per week you are to perform your service.

An just for "flavor" dmgarvey, please tell us a little about yourself; is this your first business, how long have you been in the cleaning business, what is your experience background in cleaning and business in general, etc?

I am not trying to just be nosey... but it will give me a starting point...

And if you are new to this business or actually any business you will not find a better source of information on advertising than Clough.

Please let us know something about yourself and your experience levels. Venturing into cleaning business can be a very interesting and profitable journey. But many new companies fail because they haven't done their due diligence.

Stringer

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Commercial cleaning Which way to go? [ 4 Answers ]

I am wanting to open a commercial cleaning company. I was thinking about franchise but a friend told me I would be better off doing it myself. How do I find information on doing it on my own or would the franchise be better?

Commercial Cleaning [ 1 Answers ]

I took over a commercial cleaning service from a friend I'm not sure if our bids are correct. I need to bid on a 10,000 sq. foot school. 6,289 sq. foot is tile flooring that needs stripping seal and wax. The rest is carpet. 16 class rooms with pantry areas and bathroom in each class. 57 interior...

Commercial cleaning [ 1 Answers ]

How do I price a commercial cleaning?

Commercial Cleaning [ 1 Answers ]

I am interested in starting my own cleaning business with someone that I work with now but we both work under someone else.We have a chance to pick up a very big job but we are not licensed and bonded.I live in Marion county, Florida and was told that you do not have to be licensed.How do I go...

View more questions Search