Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    foreverromantic Posts: 177, Reputation: 1

Oct 5, 2017, 12:12 PM
    Question re: Friendship
    I have book being published in about 2 weeks time. It was a lot of work and cost a lot of money. I have two friends living out of state. I was going to mail them a copy each as a gift, but now am reconsidering that it should be FOR SALE TO ANYONE, even friends. Also, they can well afford anything.
    So what do you think? The book will be available on many websites as well as from me as a "signed copy."
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Oct 5, 2017, 12:28 PM
    Why on earth did you PAY a LOT of money to publish a book? You have been scammed.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Oct 5, 2017, 05:32 PM
    My understanding from my book writing friends is that every writer does have to pay these days unless they are already famous.

I would either give friends a free copy, or a discount. I traded an emergency LED flashlight that stays in an outlet for one book from a friend.
    After all, you may have spent a lot of money, but you aren't going to recoup your expenses unless word gets out that it's worth reading.
    Your friends are your best advertisers.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Very confused about a Woman Friendship/More/Friendship then more? [ 4 Answers ]

So a few months ago a Woman started to talk to be at work and come to see me everyday, I never really noticed her before but after she took interest in me, I obviously did. All my work colleagues started to say that she likes me and that it is obvious and that I'm blind not to see it, I brushed...

Friendship [ 2 Answers ]

My best friend hasn't talked to me in a week. I know this seems petty but we usually talk everyday whether it'd be simple texting or calling. I've tried reaching her multiple times but I get nothing in return. I usually don't get on Facebook much but noticed she has been updating her status, etc....

Friendship question [ 4 Answers ]

I apologize up front for how long this is, but trying to give good picture. The reality is, friendships are very important, but sometimes a bit more sticky and I need help to know is this my opportunity to work on myself and grown in being able to accept people as they are, or do I need to cut...

Stating friendship question [ 2 Answers ]

What to talk to him/her for the friendship to be serious

Friendship is it over? [ 1 Answers ]

:confused:Hey recently my friend moved away to college, she lives a few hours away now so I don't get to see her that much, to top it off we've ended up kissing a few times when we were drunk its happened a lot of times over a space of about 6months, started we just hugged a lot then she stayed at...

View more questions Search