Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    gchica Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 12, 2006, 12:35 AM
    Need Help With A Network Design
    Helow everyone, I have a major problem, I am a student and my prof. gave use the problem listed below and he wants an RFP from us giving him a better solutions to what they already have.. Can anyone help me... PLEASE!!
    Given the company described below with a centralized IT department, analyze the support needs and propose a plan for creating an in-house support desk operation that is capable of meeting these needs. The proposal should include organizational models, staffing, training, etc. and its justification in business terms

Hints:
    - IT support 10/1 ratio
    - Minimum 10 training sessions/year for existing employee
    - New hires, 4 weeks initial training
    - Training cost $250/hour
    - Labor cost $20,000 per year loaded cost

Given the following communications network (data, digital voice, or a combination of these) that includes multiple LAN network circuits and remote access WAN network circuits, analyze the network to determine specific bandwidth needs, and provide a justification of the expense of various options to meet these needs in terms of Return on Investment (ROI), total Cost of Ownership, Cost per Node/Port/Mbit, Payback Period, Net Present Value, or other acceptable measure.

Requirements
    -Voice/ 4 digit dialing to all locations
    -Internet access
    -Multimedia capability (video conferencing and training)
    -Remote Backup (no tape for LA and NY)
    -Wireless access for mobile users (voice/broadband/merging)
    -Wireless phone for every employee

Strategic Plan
    -Growth in the brokers segment by 300% over 3 yrs
    -IT/Telecom to become a revenue center
    -Technology as a competitive advantage
    -Technology as a one-stop shop i.e.. The brokers pay a monthly fee for all technologies.
    -Employee growth by 300 over 3 yrs. 200 LA 50 Boston 50 NYC

Hints:
    - Bandwidth cost $550 MRC for PRI and/or channelized T1
    - Bandwidth cost DS3 and above = $100/Mbps
    - Business DSL / cable broadband access = $100 MRC
    - Average bandwidth utilization per employee = 150Kbps – growth rate =7.5% per year
    - Productivity growth = 5% = $20,000 per employee per year

Below is the link to the network layout... I need help

http://mysite.verizon.net/resp8kix/c...tures/id2.html
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Feb 12, 2006, 04:38 AM
    We don't do homework questions here. YOU were given the assignment for YOU to learn. There are plenty of resources on the WEB for you to research this.

If you come up with your own answer and post it for us to critique that is within reason. If you have some SPECIFIC questions that you couldn't find or didn't understand, we may help with that. But this is YOUR assignment, show us you have at least attempted to complete it on your own.

Scott<>
    gchica Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 12, 2006, 11:35 AM
    I do have part of the answer already done. My problem is that I can't fingure out how to compare what they have to what they want..
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Feb 12, 2006, 04:55 PM
    I don't understand what you mean by that. If you want to show us your answer we can critique it.
    Press2Esc Posts: 251, Reputation: 10

Feb 20, 2006, 01:16 PM
    ?? Huh??

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Fashion design [ 1 Answers ]

What would the required high school courses be for fashion design?

How to design a web page [ 1 Answers ]

How can I design a web site or page?

CSS Web design [ 4 Answers ]

Good morning, I've been trying to do CSS on my new website for a while. I've been able to design some new templates in Dreamweaver, and I've created quite a few CSS styles. The problem I'm having is that I can't seem to see my styles appear on any web interfaces. Internet Explorer and Firefox,...

Interior design course [ 0 Answers ]

I would like to develop my keen interest in interior design. Is anyone out there aware of a high quality school that offers interior design course in Maryland or Washington Dc part time (evening and weekend) or any that provides good online courses that really get you to improve your skills? I...

View more questions Search