Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Squaggle Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 14, 2007, 05:30 AM
    Msn Windows Live Msg Error
    Hey guys..

I need some help with my msn... its latest version called "windows live"

The only problem I have is that when people try to send messages to me on msn, I cannot receive them and they cannot send them.. it says something similar to "This person can not receipt your msg "
    The only way I can communicate to people on msn is if I send them a message first.. then they cane send me messages.. It really weird and gay... Any help would be deeply appricaited
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

May 14, 2007, 05:39 AM
    Reinstall MSn and try again.
    Failing that go and get a decent IM program like Trillian.
    Multiple platform IM in ONE client.
    Capuchin Posts: 5,255, Reputation: 656
    Uber Member

May 14, 2007, 05:40 AM
    I used to use trillian but it's rubbish for compatibility with the additional msn features :)
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

May 14, 2007, 05:41 AM
    Also check your security settings. You could be blocking people not on your list from contacting you.
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

May 14, 2007, 05:42 AM
    Well Cap, as the OP only mentioned messenges then Trillian will do a good job.
    True with other things such as Video and files transfers it's a little flakey.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

May 14, 2007, 05:42 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Capuchin
    I used to use trillian but it's rubbish for compatability with the additional msn features :)
    This is true. A 3rd party client like Trillian does have problems with some of the more advanced features of each IM system. But for someone like me, with several IM accounts, being able to monitor those accounts through ONE client is a godsend.
    Capuchin Posts: 5,255, Reputation: 656
    Uber Member

May 14, 2007, 05:54 AM
    Oh yes that is granted scott, I used to use it for exactly that reason back when the additional features of each medium weren't particularly impressive.

Now I just refuse to talk to people who don't use msn (or have an msn compatible chat medium) :p
    Squaggle Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 14, 2007, 08:34 PM
    Hey guys.. thanks for the replys...

I have tried reinstalling msn messegenger.. I've even tried installing different types of messengers.. still nothing.. Ive totally closed my firewall and restarted my router to get a new ip still nothing!. Ive checked the msn setting and it still nothing

I really like msn cause of its features.. I've used trillian before and its abit boring.. I prefer msn.. any other ideas guys ?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can't print HTML from outlook (no error msg) [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I try to print mails that I get to my outlook 2003 and the only mail I can print they are not on HTML format. I try to move the outprnt file from c:\documents and settings\uername\application data\microsoft\outlook but it didn't help me:( There is no error message Does anyone know...

Error message - symsetsymaddr64 [ 5 Answers ]

On reboot, Windows XP, I receive a window pop "syssetsymaddr64" savedump.exe not found in DBGhelp.DLL. Not sure what this is or how to fix it.

Whirlpool Gold Catalyst washer error message [ 6 Answers ]

Whirlpool Gold Catalyst washer stops running and displays an error code of F3 or F4.

Kenmore Elite Calypso "ob" error message [ 1 Answers ]

Hi! I can't find my manual on my washer. It's a Kenmore Elite Calypso. It goes through most of the cycle and towards the end I get "ob" error message. I'm thinking it means off balance, but it has been balanced. Any suggestions? Thanks, Bridget

View more questions Search