Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dbastro Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 21, 2012, 03:08 AM
    F1 Visa renewal question
    Hi Everyone

I did my MS in US and came back to India and got my visa renewed for the PhD. But, I had to come back to India immediately as my parents were in serious accident and I did not know what their situation was and I quit my PhD and came back. I stayed in India for 1 and a half year and took care of my parents. Now, I am planning to go back to US and do my PhD in a related field (but not the same field). I have a new I-20 from a different university and my F-1 visa is NOT expired from the last PhD. But, I was out of F-1 status for a year and a half. Do, I need to go to the embassy to get a visa renewal done or not? Is this a complicated case?

Thanks
    ivarksaem Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 26, 2012, 11:03 PM
    My f1 visa is expired in 2011 dec and I am in india since feb 2011 and did not go back to usa for about 1 and half year but I wanted to go back by renewing my f1 again is it possible

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Renewal of visa [ 0 Answers ]

Hello... In coming few months I will be renewing my H1b visa from US. A criminal case and a domestic violence case is running against me in India currently. No order or decision has been given on those case yet. Due to this will there be any kind difficulty in renewing my visa? Any chance of visa...

Visa Renewal [ 8 Answers ]

I have an expired visa from 2007 and was wondering if there's any way I could renew it? I was also supposed to get my citizenship but I was a child then and didn't have my own passport. I was under my mother's passport then but now I'm planning to move to the U.S to start work after taking my board...

Visa renewal before expiry? [ 0 Answers ]

I am currently on my F-1 visa which expires in December 2011. I am planning to make a trip to India (my home country) in December 2010. Since I am visiting India anyway I was hoping to renew my visa as I might not be going back before graduation. I plan to graduate in December 2011 and start my OPT...

F1 visa renewal [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I am a Ph.D. student and currently working on my dissertation. My visa expired in June 2009. I came to India in May 2009 and leaving to USA again in January 2010. As my visa expired in June 2009 I need to get it renewed before I leave to US. Though I am in India since May 2009 I am enrolled...

H4 visa renewal [ 1 Answers ]

How could I renew my U.S h4 visa while I am staying in U.S.

View more questions Search