Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sara_07 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Sep 20, 2006, 12:30 PM
    Kojic Acid? Sure White Cream And Loreal Whitening Creams
    Please Can Someone Help Me Here? I Have Been Using Sure White Cream For Over A Year Now And Honestly It Did Help When I Went On Holidays I Got A Tan Came Back And Stopped Using It Now I Am Using It Again But The Cream Contains Kojic Acid Is That Dangerous? What About The Loreal Creams Are They Any Good? Or The Dior Ones Do They Whiten Your Skin Safely?
    easilytanned Posts: 17, Reputation: 1

Sep 24, 2006, 01:22 PM
    Hey there,

Kojic acid is a natural source of whitening. Many cusmetic lines developed by dermatologists contain kojic in low percentage for evening skin tone. As for whitening, kojic acid, along w/ mulberry, arbutin, licorice, etc. are well known to be safe and natural depigmenting agents. Good luck.
    sara_07 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Sep 24, 2006, 02:14 PM
    Wow are you really sure about that because I have been reading articles saying its dangerous and it can cause skin cancer especially if you don't avoid the sun as it damages or peels off a certain layer of your skin which is needed to protect you from the sun well I hope your right thankxxx
    TheSaint Posts: 4, Reputation: 2

Jan 16, 2007, 12:37 PM
    Isn't it funny, when we talk about lightening, suddenly everyone starts shouting 'skin cancer'. All that happens is that your skin has become lighter, and is therefore more susceptible to the suns rays. If not properly protected you risk sunburn and associated problems such as skin cancer. Using a lightening cream containing the correct amount of hydroquinone or kojic acid does not mean you will automatically get skin cancer.
    SheJon Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 13, 2007, 01:32 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by sara_07
    Please Can Someone Help Me Here? I Have Been Using Sure White Cream For Over A Year Now And Honestly It Did Help When I Went On Holidays I Got A Tan Came Back And Stopped Using It Now I Am Using It Again But The Cream Contains Kojic Acid Is That Dangerous? What About The Loreal Creams Are They Any Good? Or The Dior Ones Do They Whiten Your Skin Safely?
    Where do you get Sure White from?
    skindeep Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 14, 2007, 12:05 AM
    The cosmetic line SURE WHITE is manufactured in Switzerland (one of the most hygiene-rigorous countries in the world) with the purest available raw materials by means of the most advanced techniques. Each formulation complies with the Swiss, EU, Asian and United States cosmetic regulations. The SURE WHITE Line is FDA registered.

You can purchase sure white from [URL="http://www.makeupdirect.co.nz"]

The Bleaching cream is safe and effective and is Hydroquinone free. It also helps to control oily skin and has anti-bacterial properties. Must be used with sun-screen.
    easilytanned Posts: 17, Reputation: 1

Apr 14, 2007, 12:43 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by TheSaint
    Isnt it funny, when we talk about lightening, suddenly everyone starts shouting 'skin cancer'. All that happens is that your skin has become lighter, and is therefore more suseptible to the suns rays. If not properly protected you risk sunburn and associated problems such as skin cancer. Using a lightening cream containing the correct amount of hydroquinone or kojic acid does not mean you will automatically get skin cancer.
    Yep. Technically every whitening/lightening agent increases your chance of getting skin cancer IF (big 'if') you do not properly protect against UV rays as a "paler person" must. Normally, for people that either tan easily or are naturally darker, melanin protects your skin against the sun. This is why you get dark instead of burns.

All right.. I have to go wash my face... :p
    TheSaint Posts: 4, Reputation: 2

Apr 25, 2007, 04:43 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by easilytanned
    Yep. Technically every whitening/lightening agent increases your chance of getting skin cancer IF (big 'if') you do not properly protect against UV rays as a "paler person" must. Normally, for people that either tan easily or are naturally darker, melanin protects your skin against the sun. This is why you get dark instead of burns.

all right.. i have to go wash my face.....:p
    At last! Common sense. It's OK to lighten your skin as long as you do so [carefully]. But once you have, you MUST wear sun protection all the time.
    marina_70 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 9, 2008, 10:18 AM
    Yes I want to learn this too. Please say Is kojic acid dangerous or not? Please help.. Isn't here a dermatologist who can help us?
    Sansash Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 15, 2008, 01:34 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by TheSaint
    At last! Common sense. It's ok to lighten your skin as long as you do so [carefully]. But once you have, you MUST wear sun protection all the time.
    Hi - I do not think you should be giving advice on this topic. You seem to have very woolly conception of skin disorders and whitening agents.
    princess_cyndi Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Sep 26, 2010, 08:16 AM
    Hi

I had used kojic Acid Cream, but found no results.. so I am thinking for Fair and White or Meladerm, I'm confused in these two..
    Violaename Posts: 394, Reputation: 29

Sep 26, 2010, 08:38 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by princess_cyndi View Post
    Hi

I had used kojic Acid Cream,,but found no results..so I am thinking for Fair and White or Meladerm, I m confused in these two..
    Fair and white is good
    ZuueUK Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Oct 3, 2010, 05:49 AM
    About Kojic Acid -
    Kojic acid is a by-product in the fermentation process of malting rice, for use in the manufacturing of sake, the Japanese rice wine. It is a mild inhibitor of the formation of pigment in plant and animal tissues, and is used in food and cosmetics to preserve or change colours of substances.
    It is used on cut fruits to prevent oxidative browning, in seafood to preserve pink and red colours, and in cosmetics to lighten skin.
    Kojic acid also has antibacterial and anti-fungal properties.
    It is also used in skin diseases like melasma.
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

Oct 3, 2010, 08:48 AM

This thread is from FOUR years ago.

Please watch dates when responding.

Thread is CLOSED.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Which whitening cream to choose? [ 17 Answers ]

I've tried Makari and I noticed some changes. It made my skin smoother and more even in tones. I haven't tried the Whiterskin products nor the magic cream. I'm asking you guys for a recommendation to which product is more effective among these three brands: Makari, Whiterskin, Magic Cream. ...

Skin-whitening cream/lotion: How long does it last? [ 3 Answers ]

Yet another skin-whitening topic. I was wondering. How long does it last till it needs to be reapplied again? If used used frequently and for years, what effect does it have in a long term?

LOREAL and Proactiv and magic cream [ 5 Answers ]

Hi. Has anyone tried any of these products? I'm asian and I'm 18. I have problems with acne. They are not too big but they are small and too many. I just want to get rid of them. I'm not hoping for a lighter complexion. Anyway, have anyone tried of these products? Please help me.

Papaya Whitening Peeling Cream [ 0 Answers ]

Has anyone used this product before? It's supposed to peel off dead skin cells and make you more radiant/lighter? If anyone has used this product please give me some feedback.. this will help the rest of us learn more about the product!

What is pervil magic cream whitening? [ 17 Answers ]

Hello to all, Some people here were mentioning amira magic cream but what about pervil magic cream? Which is better in these two magic creams? Which one is cheaper? Thanks

View more questions Search