Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Asoom Posts: 52, Reputation: 1

Apr 29, 2009, 02:15 PM
    Write the balance equation
    Could you please help me to complete this equation , I get the major product but I didn't how to write others.. :confused:

1- Al^3+ + NH4Cl + 3NH4OH... > Al(OH)3 +

2- Ni^2+ + NH4Cl + NH4OH + Na2S... > NiS +

3- Ca^2+ + NH4Cl + NH4OH + (NH4)2CO3... > CaCO3 +

4- Na^+ + Na3Co(NO2)6^3-... >

5- (Solution + glass rod immersed in conc .HCl then on direct flame ) with Ca^2+

6- Pb^2+ + 2HCl... > PbCl2 + (2H^+ or H2)

7- If there is no reaction between two reactants , then when I write the equation it will be the product same as the reactants ?
    Perito Posts: 3,139, Reputation: 150
    Ultra Member

Apr 30, 2009, 05:01 AM

The other ions are spectator ions -- they don't enter into the equation. I'm not sure what the counter-ion was to the Al+3. You can put them in, if you wish, but it really doesn't matter (except possibly to your instructor).

The other problems are done the same way, except #5. I don't get that one.
    Unknown008 Posts: 8,076, Reputation: 723
    Uber Member

Apr 30, 2009, 11:35 AM

I think you'll get a red flame... the flame test, you know (btw, I haven't done that at school yet, but this is my bet)

The products are surely CaO and another compound from the anion in the solution.
    Perito Posts: 3,139, Reputation: 150
    Ultra Member

Apr 30, 2009, 12:57 PM

Calcium does give a red flame. However, the glass rod will emit a yellow flame that will entirely overwhelm the red from the calcium.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

How do you write the equation for this sequence 10, 12, 16, 22, 30 [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, How do you write an equation for this sequence whose difference increases by two each time? 10, 12, 16, 22, 30

Write the balance equation [ 5 Answers ]

I tried to solve my homework , but I face some problem Im not sure about it and another I can't solve it.. Im not sure about the solve , could you check if it is right or wrong 1- (Salt + dil. HCl) with Carbonate CO3^2- + 2HCl -----> CO2 + H2O+ 2Cl^-

Write a balance equation, as identify each type of reaction? [ 1 Answers ]

When solid sodium nitrate is heated, solid sodium nitrate and oxygen gas are produced. Solid bismuth(III) oxide and solid carbon react to form bismuth metal carbon monoxide gas.

Write and Balance word equation [ 1 Answers ]

Write and balance word equation: Potassium Chlorate when heated yeilds potassium chlorate and oxygen gas

Word equation as chemical equation and balance [ 2 Answers ]

Can anyone help me with these. I don't get it.:confused: Aluminum bromide + chlorine yield aluminum chloride +bromine Potassium chlorate when heated yields potassium chloride + oxygen gas Hydrogen +nitrogen monoxide yield water + nitrogen

View more questions Search