Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    repoman19 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Dec 11, 2008, 09:33 AM
    Ct to Florida probation transfer
    My probation officer put in the paper work for a ct to fla probation transfer. My mother and step father had a roll over accident and they aren't able to do much. He is having more surgery in January and my mother can't care for her self, let alone her 80 year old husband. It was put through as a medical emergency transfer. I have a place to live with family(my sister),a job waiting for me, and my own vehicle that ill be taking to fla. I am a felon of a larcony charge. No violent, sexual crimes nor any crimes against children. I have completet all the required conditions as ordered through the court system. I know that fla will accept the transfer, I just need to know what I can do to speed up this whole process. Im needed there to help care for them. I was told it should be 2-4 WEEKS due to the medical "emergency". Its now two months and no one knows anything
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Dec 11, 2008, 05:13 PM

Have you spoken in person to your PO about this? How do you "know" that Florida will accept your transfer? Have you contacted the county where you want to have it transferred?

Dec 12, 2008, 06:31 AM
    I am a felon and due to some federal law that my po told me about, they will. Plus u have immediate family a job and place to live
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Dec 12, 2008, 07:18 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by repoman19 View Post
    i am a felon and due to some federal law that my po told me about, they will. plus u have immediate family a job and place to live

Florida has to consent and your PO in another State cannot speak for the authorities in Florida.

I'd get back in touch with your PO and see where this stands - sounds like your parents need you down there now.

Dec 12, 2008, 08:18 AM
    I saw him yesterday and he has no info about it. He sent it to fla. Now all I can do is wait he said. I know fla will accept me, but my mom needs me now. What can I do? This is frustrating. Even a lawyer can't speed it up. I was thinking about calling or writing the chief of probation in fla but that may p--- them off. It is urgent for me to get there. I have everything in place for when I'm approved. I just need that phone call and I'm on my way
    Uber Member

Dec 12, 2008, 09:04 AM
    i saw him yesterday and he has no info about it. he sent it to fla. now all i can do is wait he said. i know fla will accept me, but my mom needs me now. what can i do? this is frustrating. even a lawyer can't speed it up. i was thinking about calling or writing the chief of probation in fla but that may p--- them off. it is urgent for me to get there. i have everything in place for when im approved. i just need that phone call and im on my way

Then I don't understand what's going on - it appears that the PO has sent the request to Florida; Florida has not responded; you have proof that Florida will accept you.

Hand carry that proof to the PO.

Dec 12, 2008, 09:52 AM
    My po is the one that said they would accept me. If I had a misdeminor, then they wouldn't have to accept me. He explained it to me and why they would accept me. He said that transfers aren't their top priority and that they probably do what ct does. It sits on a desk until they have time to get to it. My po has over 200 people he supervises and he doesn't have time to deal with people that want to come to ct. I can understand that, but mine is to help my family. No one else can just uproot their lives to move down south. Family cares for family and you do what ever you have to do to do it.
    Uber Member

Dec 12, 2008, 10:24 AM
    my po is the one that said they would accept me. if i had a misdeminor, then they wouldnt have to accept me. he explained it to me and why they would accept me. he said that transfers arent their top priority and that they probably do what ct does. it sits on a desk until they have time to get to it. my po has over 200 people he supervises and he doesnt have time to deal with people that want to come to ct. i can understand that, but mine is to help my family. no one else can just uproot their lives to move down south. family cares for family and u do what ever you have to do to do it.

I think we're going around and around here - if the PO already knows that Florida will accept you, what is he/she waiting for? He would only know that if he had a conversation with them because the decision is made on a case by case basis.

Dec 12, 2008, 11:51 AM
    He didn't speak to anyone. He just said that they would accept it because I fit in the guide lines for the transfer. I have a place to live and a job and immediate family there. All he did was send the paper work along with medical records of my mother and step fathers injuries and all that. He also said something about some federal law thing that they would accept me. It is a felony, not misde, so there wouldn't be a problem. I got to get there to help them asap and this is very frustrating
    Uber Member

Dec 12, 2008, 11:56 AM
    he didnt speak to anyone. he just said that they would accept it because i fit in the guide lines for the transfer. i have a place to live and a job and immediate family there. all he did was send the paper work along with medical records of my mother and step fathers injuries and all that. he also said something about some federal law thing that they would accept me. it is a felony, not misde, so there wouldnt be a problem. i got to get there to help them asap and this is very frustrating

Then you have to wait for Florida to decide - I find nothing that says they have to accept you but I'm not a PO.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Transfer misdemeanor probation from ny to Florida [ 1 Answers ]

How do I get written proof of dwi misdemeanor probation being able to be transferred from ny to Florida for court sentencing?

Can I tranfer my probation to Florida? [ 4 Answers ]

Hi I'm 29 yrs old and was recently given 3 yrs probation, never had a criminal record before this. I was wondering can I tranfer my probation to Florida? It as only over $412.00.

Transfer probation from New York to Florida [ 2 Answers ]

I left New York in march of this year and told my probation officer I moved,but got no response from him regarding the transfer from one state to another.what can I expect in the future? I always check with the sheriff to see about a warrant,but the all say I am clean in this state.I only have 1...

Juvenile Probation State of Florida [ 2 Answers ]

I have a son that has been placed on probation for one year with the Dept. of Juvenile Justice, he just turned 18 about 2 weeks ago. Has been on probation since Dec. 2007 and now has a offer to go to work for the company that his father owns in La. He has a place to live and the job. Does anyone...

View more questions Search