Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    foreverromantic Posts: 177, Reputation: 1

Dec 10, 2015, 05:37 AM
    Computer freezing up, etc.
    Does anyone know why computer freezes up. Wheel spins forever before opening a web site. Or Can't open a web site and can't sign on to AOL. Same problems with Internet Explorer. I clean everything out on a daily basis. Cookies, old E Mails, etc. Using Windows 7.
    Please advise.
    Thanks
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Dec 10, 2015, 08:06 AM
    Do you have your auto update engaged?
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Dec 10, 2015, 03:32 PM
    How much space percentage wise is left on the hard drive? Also have you ever done a defrag? Do you know what programs are running in the background ?

Everything above can have an effect on your computers speed and efficeincy.
    CravenMorhead Posts: 4,532, Reputation: 1065
    Adult Sexuality Expert

Dec 11, 2015, 08:25 AM
    AT this point it might be best to take it to a computer professional. I can think of at least a dozen reasons your computer is acting the way it is, from age to malware to bandwidth issues.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Computer freezing [ 1 Answers ]

My computer seems to freeze frequently can someone tell me how to fix this?

Computer Freezing: [ 1 Answers ]

The student records department of a well-known TAFE institute is having problems with its computer system. The system is on a network running under the Windows NT operating system and has been developed using a combination of Microsoft Access and Visual Basic. The following areas are causing...

Computer Freezing [ 1 Answers ]

When I got my new computer from my dad on my birthday, I installed a copy of Windows XP Professional on there and it would freeze at cdaudio.sys. Then shortly after it would freeze when I surfed the internet and played games. I could not press Ctrl Alt Delete I could not press the power button, I...

Computer freezing - tried everything... [ 4 Answers ]

Sorry if this post is supposed to be somewhere specific... I just need some quick suggestions because I'm going crazy. Here's my setup, my problem and what I've done to "fix" the problem: Home built machine... WinXP Pro SP-2 2.6 GHz P4 w/HT Asus P4P800-E Deluxe 2 GB DDR400 Kingston RAM...

Computer is freezing [ 2 Answers ]

well I'm having the problem that my computer continuosly is freezing. So I read that may be for some spy or other things my computer would have, so I downloaded hijackthis and did a scan but I don't know what should I do this is the hijackthis log Logfile of HijackThis v1.98.2 Scan saved at...

View more questions Search