Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    malinic100 Posts: 37, Reputation: 1

Aug 8, 2012, 02:20 PM
    What are some teen useful crafts?
    I'm a preteen that wants to do some crafts. I like useful crafts like duct tape wallets and things to put in my room. But I have already made a DIY tape wallet, and my walls are already covered with things. Please help with something actually useful, because I the keeping junk I never use.
    Hindyfast Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Aug 8, 2012, 02:50 PM
    How about making stuff with lanyard I once helped my sis make a bracket out of buttons and lanyard it was pretty cool
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Aug 8, 2012, 02:50 PM
    Go to the library and look at the craft-making books. A friend of mine cuts up pretty wallpaper and edges blank stationary and envelopes with it. Macramé used to be hot back in the 1970s and was used for all sorts of things like to hold hanging pots with plants in them, necklaces, wristbands, etc. Needlework such as counted cross-stitch and embroidery can be fun and useful.

Aug 8, 2012, 02:53 PM
    That's cool! Can you give me some more ideas?

Aug 8, 2012, 02:55 PM
    Those are good but I want something that I can actually use. I'd rather not do anything for my room...
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Aug 8, 2012, 02:56 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by malinic100 View Post
    That's cool! Can you give me some more ideas?
    Go to the library. There are tons of books in both children's and adult sections.

Needlepoint can be to make things for Christmas gifts -- knit or crochet a pretty scarf or vest for someone or cross-stitch a wall hanging or embroider plain pillowcases. The fun part is that you can make so many cool gifts and not have to find places for stuff in your room.

Aug 8, 2012, 03:00 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    Go to the library. There are tons of books in both children's and adult sections.

Needlepoint can be to make things for Christmas gifts -- knit or crochet a pretty scarf for someone or cross-stitch a wall hanging or embroider plain pillowcases. The fun part is that you can make so many cool gifts and not have to find places for stuff in your room.
    I have crocheted before, but it takes such a lOng time tO actually make anything. Do you know something like duct tape or something that I could use for myself?

I'll retry crocheting by the way :)
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Aug 8, 2012, 03:02 PM
    Make a set of wallpaper stationery or note cards and give them as a Christmas gift. Macramé items can be given as gifts. Stitchery items can be gifts. None of it has to be kept. Get going at doing one thing in particular and build a cottage industry on it.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Aug 8, 2012, 03:07 PM
    Macramé stuff --

https://www.google.com/search?q=macr...w=1024&bih=572
    Kovid Posts: 14, Reputation: 1

Feb 19, 2013, 02:03 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    Go to the library and look at the craft-making books. A friend of mine cuts up pretty wallpaper and edges blank stationary and envelopes with it. Macrame used to be hot back in the 1970s and was used for all sorts of things like to hold hanging pots with plants in them, necklaces, wristbands, etc. Needlework such as counted cross-stitch and embroidery can be fun and useful.
    That's a good idea. Usable for me.
    mmhdcat Posts: 11, Reputation: 2

Mar 26, 2013, 07:22 PM
    Something cool that I've recently been doing is taking old magazines and making baskets, trashcans, purses, pencil cases, anything you like. Just tear out old magazine pages, fold them lengthwise to make them a little bit thicker, and make a lot of these strips. Then just weave them in and out into whatever shape. They're really sturdy and I've made many to give out as gifts. It's fun to keep all your magazines instead of throwing them away. Have fun with whatever craft!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Crafts for Christmas! [ 1 Answers ]

Hello there! My fiancé and I have recently moved into our own apartment. I love doing crafts and was looking for some Christmas craft ideas that would look elegant in our apartment! Seems a little early to be getting into the Christmas spirit but I love the holiday so much! Any ideas are...

Selling my own crafts? [ 2 Answers ]

Is it legal to sell things I make, my scarves, candles, soaps, things like that? I don't want to get in trouble with the IRS or some legal thing I don't know about. On the other hand, I hate to spend all that time and money on getting a LLC set up when I don't even know if anyone will buy my stuff....

What are your crafts? [ 169 Answers ]

Just curious :D

Getting started in crafts [ 11 Answers ]

I am 69 years old. I do a lot of crafting. I would like to put my things on a web site,But not quite sure how to do it. I get started and then get stuck. I read about a site called weebly.com. Then it said something about affiliate products. What are affiliate products? I'm not the smartest on...

Crafts for candles [ 3 Answers ]

I have a candle business and I am looking for craft ideas to help sell and decorate candles. I have pattern for votive roses but would like to do more. Thank you

View more questions Search