Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    eminemloverx3 Posts: 94, Reputation: 2

May 6, 2014, 04:15 PM
    Weight loss and exercise
    Hi I'm looking to lose weight I'm 18 , 5ft 5" and I weight 10st 5lbs I've been looking up plans but they all tell me different things so things is telling me different things and I really don't know what to do I currently have a gym membership and I've been going and much as I can to try lose weight but my eating habits aren't great so I know I won't lose much so if anyone knows any plans and exercise plans they could share with me that would be great thanks :) if your currently losing weight no and doing a plan that's working please share with me! Thank you :) (I can upload a picture if requested)
    CravenMorhead Posts: 4,532, Reputation: 1065
    Adult Sexuality Expert

May 7, 2014, 10:19 AM
    Have you figured out your drinking problems?

Diets are simple, eat fresh food. Lots of fruits and veggies, some meat and some grain. There are enough guides online that you can figure out how much to eat of what. It becomes an equation after that. Balance how much you eat with the amount of exercise you get. Make sure you burn a little more than you eat and you'll start to lose weight. About a pound a week or so is healthy.

Also note that while you are lose fat you will gain muscle. Muscle is more dense. If you are going purely by weight you might be disappointed when you lose flab but no weight. Keep that in mind and base your weight loss more on what oyu want to look like and not what number you want to see on the scale.
    eminemloverx3 Posts: 94, Reputation: 2

May 7, 2014, 12:00 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by CravenMorhead View Post
    Have you figured out your drinking problems?

Diets are simple, eat fresh food. Lots of fruits and veggies, some meat and some grain. There are enough guides online that you can figure out how much to eat of what. It becomes an equation after that. Balance how much you eat with the amount of exercise you get. Make sure you burn a little more than you eat and you'll start to lose weight. About a pound a week or so is healthy.

Also note that while you are lose fat you will gain muscle. Muscle is more dense. If you are going purely by weight you might be disappointed when you lose flab but no weight. Keep that in mind and base your weight loss more on what oyu want to look like and not what number you want to see on the scale.
    Thanks that actually help a lot :) and yes I've sorted my drinking issue everything's fine now just going to keep focused on losing weight and getting healthy :)
    Thanks again
    kat1996 Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

May 7, 2014, 12:41 PM
    I eat when I'm hungry and I usually eat about 2 times a day and then throughout the day I drink water and chew on gum. I started at 175lbs 1 month ago and now in about 160lbs. I find this diet helps bcs when I'm hungry I only eat a little junk food and then I'm full and I don't feel bad about it since I still lose weight. Hope this helps
    CravenMorhead Posts: 4,532, Reputation: 1065
    Adult Sexuality Expert

May 7, 2014, 02:14 PM
    I wouldn't recommend that at all. That gets into the binge eating and under eating. What works for you may not work for her. 15lbs is a month is not sustainable nor healthy.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Is fat burning exercise useful to prevent storage of fat and weight loss? [ 2 Answers ]

Is fat burning exercise useful to prevent storage of fat and weight loss?

Good exercise/weight loss with arthritis [ 10 Answers ]

Hello, I'm 19 years old, female. I am 5'4 and used to weigh 225-230. I lost weight a while back and am currently 185. I would love to lose another 20-40 pounds. I would love to tone my legs, stomach and upper arms. But I would rather my legs be the main thing I work on. My problem is I suffer from...

Exercise, but no weight loss. [ 1 Answers ]

Hi All, I'm new to this site, so please bear with me. I really need some professional advice. I run every morning (M-F 10 miles), and Sat/Sun, about 15 miles. I also try to do a 10 to 15 minute kettlebell workout twice a week. An example of my daily meals is as follows:- B - Greek...

What weight loss program helps you detoxify and loss weight at a good rate? [ 2 Answers ]

I want to detoxify my body and loss weight healthily and rapidly. I want to lose 80 lbs by the end of the year.. . I did south beach and I lost about 50 pounds in not even 3 months. :)

Excessive Exercise For Weight Loss? [ 3 Answers ]

Hello all.. I'm a 19 year old male and I know it's not healthy to loose more then 2 lbs a week but I'm going to aim for 4-5 lbs a week. But is this VERY dangerous? My body needs 2200 calories a day to maintain my weight, so instead I'm going to eat 1200 calories which is 1000 calorie difference...

View more questions Search