Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,019, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Sep 22, 2009, 01:41 PM

If you want to get really techie, could you use one of the snakes plumbers use that has an attached camera with, I suppose, a light? Run it down with your device and actually be able to see what you're doing.
    hkstroud Posts: 11,929, Reputation: 899
    Home Improvement & Construction Expert

Sep 22, 2009, 02:19 PM

Yes, I thought about that. Be worth the cost if it saved the well.
    mygirlsdad77 Posts: 5,713, Reputation: 339
    Plumbing Expert

Sep 22, 2009, 03:19 PM

You have really thought this through Harold.
    Leeion, please let us know if this works. I tend to be a "glass half empty" type with this sort of thing, but if it works, it could make someone a lot of money, while saving many homeowners with wells big bucks. It would be a win win siutuation.

jlisenbe, poly is ideal for these depths, and a small pump, We use it all the time. With extremely deep wells and large pumps, you are correct threaded pvc is the way to go.

Oct 13, 2009, 04:31 AM

Anybody done anything??
    mygirlsdad77 Posts: 5,713, Reputation: 339
    Plumbing Expert

Oct 13, 2009, 03:52 PM

Not me, other than be reeeeally careful not to loose a pump down a well.. lol.
    leelon Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Oct 19, 2009, 01:08 AM
    Hey harold we are still fabricating the device
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,019, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Oct 19, 2009, 04:14 AM

As you might imagine, this has become a very interesting thread. Thanks for the updates.

Oct 19, 2009, 09:26 AM

For what it's worth, I was playing around a few days ago, Put a 1" PVC pipe inside a 6" PVC pipe, laying over to one side. Pushed a 6" funnel down the 6" pipe. It pushed the 1" to the center just like it was supposed to. Of course there was not real resistance but was encouraging.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Why my circuit breaker keeps tripping in a submersible water pump? [ 13 Answers ]

We live in the lower Hudson Valley of New York State where currently we're getting lots of rain. Is it possible that something happened to the wiring causing a short circuit? Water pump will trip 20-25 seconds immediately after being reset. Right afterward, it will trip again within 10-15...

Submersible water pump [ 8 Answers ]

Our water comes from a deep well, and at this time we don't have enough water pressure. I was told that the submersible water pump needs to be replaced but I doubt because it is working. I would like to know how I can fix the problem, and if the pump needs to be pulled out then I need ideas of...

Submersible Water pump Lag time in turning on [ 1 Answers ]

We have a manufactured home with an assume submersible pump as we cannot find another pump anywhere. Our water will run for several minutes but then stops and there is a few minute lag before the pump triggers to come on then the water flow returns. What is the problem and how do we solve it. ...

Submersible water pump trouble [ 4 Answers ]

I have been having trouble with my water so I bought a new water pump, it's the submersible type for a well. The water would work for a short time then just stop. The new water pump does the same thing. I can't find anyone who can tell me what the problem is. The bladder tank pressure is reading 32...

How can I get the old submersible pump out? [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I asked the submersible pump question a while ago and speedball1 helped me a lot. I have additional question now. I have located the well. Can you tell me the steps to pull the pump out? Is it doable for an layman like me? I am pretty comfortable to explorer things but would like to...

View more questions Search